Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Newbie with a question - Answer a question

Someone asked what JD I was looking at. Its the 4610 and the kubota is the GrandL 4330.

So far, the Kubota is lower in initial cost - but, if it will be a problem getting warranty work done (as in the post I'm trying to find right now) then it's not worth the hassle.

Also, the Kubota dealer is trying to sell me one brand of post hole digger, one brand of brush hog and a different brand of rototiller. The loader and backhoe are the only officical Kubota products.

Whith JD, all the accessories are JD and I only have one place to go for help or warranty work.

Also, JD offers a 2000 extended warranty for just 610 dollars - Kubota does not have an extended warranty? Why?

So for me, its important to find the thread that I read on Tuesday or wednesday because I want to get some better answers from the Kubota dealer -- After all, I can't think of anything you could do to make a backhoe break like that one did, so in my mind, it was a defect. It's just how will Kubota deal with it.

Tractor
    BX 25

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Someone asked what JD I was looking at. Its the 4610 and the kubota is the GrandL 4330.

So far, the Kubota is lower in initial cost - but, if it will be a problem getting warranty work done (as in the post I'm trying to find right now) then it's not worth the hassle.)</font>

Mark,

It may have already been suggested but you might try to post this question about warrantee work in the Kubota owners group. There are tons of people who own Kubotas that frequent that group and you can get a good consensus of who has had warrantee problems and who has not. I have never kept statistics but my gut feeling from reading that group for the last 6 months is that the warrantee successes have far outweighed the failures.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Also, the Kubota dealer is trying to sell me one brand of post hole digger, one brand of brush hog and a different brand of rototiller. The loader and backhoe are the only officical Kubota products.

Whith JD, all the accessories are JD and I only have one place to go for help or warranty work.)</font>

I don't think that this is that unusual when dealing with CUT's. Wouldn't your dealer handle the warrantee work of all the products he sold you? I think most do.

Good luck with whatever you buy. It doesn't sound like you can go far wrong with either! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota L3130 HST

Mark45,
    Anything I say will probably come across as biased since I own a kubota. However, look at how you are questioning Kubota because of the CW post. Could it be that this is one of the reasons the post was pulled in the first place? CW's post was infamatory and, in my opinion, was intended to do exactly what it has done. It has gotten a prospective customer to rethink his buying decision. There were no verifiable details in the post. The wording and comments made by CW were skewed in his favor. He only gave his side of the story and he was so upset when some of us asked for further details that he resorted to calling those of us with Orange tractors "Kubota Biggots".

Ask yourself if you really think a backhoe could be bent AND twisted to one side by using it in its intended manner. What forces would it take to destroy the dipper stick in that fashion? What did CW do with the unit that could have caused the failure? Further more, why - if it was a defect in materials or workmanship - did it take over 40 hours of usage for the hoe to bend? Wouldn't it appear that the unit would have bent right off the bat if it was defective in the first place?

As I said in one of my posts, I don't need to defend Kubota. They are big enough to do that themselves. Further more, I think JD makes and excellent tractor, as does NH as well. Buy what you feel comfortable with. But don't buy - or not buy - based on CW's post. There were WAY to many unanswer and REASONABLE challenges to his post to give it any shread of credibility.

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Default Re: Newbie with a question - follow up

<font color="blue">He said there were no problems he has heard of but that it has only been available for about two months. I need to order the tractor now because there is a three week waiting/delivery time. </font>

Don't rush into a purchase, if possible. There are many people here that have been considering their purchase for years. If you need the tractor and backhoe right now and if you are not comfortable being a test pilot for a new product(like the new model backhoe you are looking at), then buy one with a proven track record that you can be comfortable with. Just my humble opinion. Good luck in your search. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12