Newbie with a question

/ Newbie with a question #1  

Mark45

I actually have been lurking around for a couple of weeks as an unregistered user. I am looking a buying either a JD or Kubota 30 to 40 HP compact tractor. They both look very similar in features. However, I did read a post here about a problem with the Kubota backhoe. I came back to print out the thread to do some more investigation. Does anyone know what happend to that thread? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Newbie with a question #2  
The thread was deleted by the board administrator. Reason given was due to what we internet forum regulars call "flaming" - basically an argument without merit, or name calling to incite or otherwise agravate others.

By the way, welcome to TBN. As for JD vs. Kubota - they are BOTH excellent tractors (and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise).

/ Newbie with a question
Thanks - is there any way to get to the thread? an archive or something. The Kubota dealer I think is trying to sell me the same backhoe but I'm not sure, he just says its brand new. I sure don't want to buy something that has not been tested or will break on me. I'm leaning toward the JD just because the dealer seems a bit more helpful, but the Kubota has more horsepower?? But if there is a problem with it, I don't want to have to deal with that.

/ Newbie with a question #4  
Well, actually there is - but if I told you I'd have to devulge top secret computer stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your concerns are understandable, but CW's post is the first I've seen concerning this issue. There had been modifications made to the backhoe that MIGHT have affected the unit. We'll never know since we did not get a complete story from CW - and we certainly were unable to get Kubota's side of the story. If you're more comfortable with the JD dealer, go with him. I bought a Kubota because I didn't like the JD dealer in my area, not because I thought it was a better tractor. Also looked at NH too. The "fords" were VERY nice - love the color, just didn't find a fit there either.

As for HP, don't be tricked into the "bigger is better" consipacy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Match your tractor to your anticipated needs and buy what fits. Might give yourself a little extra, but a 100HP AG tractor isn't required for a one acre lot - and a 12HP garden tractor won't cut it either (pun intended).
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Newbie with a question #5  
Mark45, I am new at this tractor shopping also and CW’s post was a heads up for me. I don’t know if the dealerships can obtain warranty information but one of my questions would be: What is Kubota’s side to the warranty dispute on BH90 Ser# 10338? Mark45 what is your JD comparison model?

TXdon

/ Newbie with a question #6  
I don't know much about the Kubota backhoe but I have the 48 backhoe with my 4600 tractor and I have done everything with that backhoe that should and shouldn't have been done. I haven't had one issue with it. I've dug waterlines, put in septic system, dug out I don't know how many rocks and stumps, put up trusses, building a pond right now, etc. etc. I haven't been able to hurt it at all.

/ Newbie with a question #8  
Welcome to TBN!

You might want to post a question over in the Kubota area. There are many people there that have Kubota products and will give you their honest opinion on them, good or bad. Also, you might want to do a search of the Kubota forums with that backhoe number. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Newbie with a question #9  
If you ask me the photo CW posted showed the dipper stick bent sideways. That probably means he was abusing the hoe, and the dealer refused to fix it for free. All we know is instead of coughing up for the repair, he bought a whole new backhoe. That seems kind of money foolish.

/ Newbie with a question
Re: Newbie with a question - follow up

Thanks, how can you get to the tempoary internet files? I really wish the moderators whould have just edited the thread on the Kubota backhoe problem - from what I read of the details it seems like something I may run into, I have 10 acres and want to clear at least five of them this year. I know there were some rather agressive remarks, but it did not change the account. I stopped by the Kubota dealer today and he's really pressuring me to get the new backhoe the BH90 and I asked him if there were any problems. He said there were no problems he has heard of but that it has only been available for about two months. I need to order the tractor now because there is a three week waiting/delivery time. But if the JD is more likely to not break, I'm certainly leaning that way.

So, where are the teporary file stored and how would I know how to find the thread? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif