Buying Advice 10 year old Kubota m6800 versus new JD 5075E

/ 10 year old Kubota m6800 versus new JD 5075E
I think I going used so I can pay for it and be done. Hopefully late next week I can post a pic!

/ 10 year old Kubota m6800 versus new JD 5075E #12  
I think I going used so I can pay for it and be done. Hopefully late next week I can post a pic!

Smart move. I did the same thing. I bought a low hour used Kubota L series which is now 11 yrs old. It is just beginning its life in tractor years and has a long time left.

I vote for the used kubota, and the reason is, you'll get a good tractor for much cheaper and still have money left over for implements. For instance, I bought everything listed in my sig for less money than I could have bought a brand new tractor with all the options for.

My plan was, and still is, to buy a used tractor and accumulate all the attachments I need (want). And once I have the attachments, I can then sell my tractor and buy a brand new one if I want. After all, a tractor itself is pretty much USELESS without any attachments or implements.

/ 10 year old Kubota m6800 versus new JD 5075E #13  
I fail to see how a bit of hay can justify a new tractor . I handle 3000 bales a year (4x6 round and 8x3x3 square) with a 1993 MF 390 with 8000 hrs :) ....That kubota sounds good .

Concur earlier in the post I said I was going used. Right now it is down to a jd 5410 or the kubota. On we'd I will look at them both and make a decision....unless of course another used option pops up

/ 10 year old Kubota m6800 versus new JD 5075E #15  
The age and hours are all completely relative to how the tractor was treated. I have a neighbor with an M6800 that must be getting close to 10 years old, and the thing (other than tire wear from road travel) is like new. On the other hand a few weeks ago I went and checked out a 2010 M9540 with 1500 hours on it and the thing was whooped. I mean NOTHING worked as it should other than the engine.
Fast forward a week and I purchased a 2007 M9540 with 2000 hours on it, and other than a few minor things, it is like new.
I am a huge fan of buying used or lightly used.. You will never get a mint low hour tractor for 1/4 of it's new cost, but you can still save many thousands.
That is also regardless of paint color. I say test drive both and really check to see which has less wear and tear.
Jonathan

/ 10 year old Kubota m6800 versus new JD 5075E #18  
I fail to see how a bit of hay can justify a new tractor . I handle 3000 bales a year (4x6 round and 8x3x3 square) with a 1993 MF 390 with 8000 hrs :) ....That kubota sounds good .

Used tractors are born when somebody buys a new one... no more justification is needed! ;)

AKfish