Buying Advice Buying decision- would like opinions please Used Kubota/New Mahindra

/ Buying decision- would like opinions please Used Kubota/New Mahindra #1  

shucksters

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6620 TLB with Cab, Kioti DK6010SE, Kubota BX2370 + FEL/60"MMM Kawasaki Mule ProFXT EPS LE
Hi all- just joined- been reading for awhile and appreciate all the discussions!!

Here is my deal- I have decided to trade my trusty JD 4700 tractor of 12 years for a cab model. I have narrowed it down to either a used
Kubota 7040 or a new Mahindra 6110. Here is the breakdown:

Kubota 7040
2006 4000 hours (mostly pulling a feed mixer, one owner) loader- 4WD- mechanical shuttle- 2 rear SCVs. It shows some wear but seems to be in good shape overall-
NO warranty

Mahindra 6110- 2012 - 60 HP- exact same features but brand new- 2 year tractor/5 year drivetrain warranty

DEALERS
- Mahindra dealer is 20 mins away but has ONE mechanic. GREAT people but if they fold, the nearest dealer wil be over an hour away
- Kubota- 3 established dealers within 35 mins with multiple mechanics- 2 more within an hour

BTW- I keep up a 12 acre hobby horse place so do a little bit of everything. My JD 4700 was purchased in 2001 and has only 1023 hours on it.

Thanks in advance for the feedback- I am struggling- both prices are comparable- I would like this purchase to possibly be my last for a LONG time!

/ Buying decision- would like opinions please Used Kubota/New Mahindra #2  
MHO - go look at a new Kubota to compare to the new Mahindra. A 4000 hour machine in 7 years is about 2 hours of use per day. Not a lot really and use is better than sitting. But that is 4000 hours use that you won't get. On 12 acres it will take many many years to get to 4000 hours. I haven't looked in a few months but our 40 year old Massey Ferguson 135 doesn't have 4000 hours yet. That's on a working 250 acre farm that had row crops for about 30 of those years! Both brands have 0% financing so why compare new to used?

/ Buying decision- would like opinions please Used Kubota/New Mahindra
New the Kubota is $14,000 more than the Mahindra. I haven't had a lot of experience with Mahindra and am a little worried about the quality. I have spoken with a local user and he has a Mahindra 6110 and has put 1300 hours on it and loves it. If I convince myself I can trust it, I'd like to save the 14K and buy the Mahindra new.

/ Buying decision- would like opinions please Used Kubota/New Mahindra #4  
:welcome: to TBN

Cool Murph. Thanks!

/ Buying decision- would like opinions please Used Kubota/New Mahindra #6  
Have you looked thru the Mahindra forum here on TBN to see if customers are satified? Mahindra Owning/Operating

I personally don't trust them because of their marketing tactics with the Max series, but they do have a big following.

Thanks Don- did check it out- very helpful. I am certainly going to take my time with the decision- which is hard because I am ready for a new one NOW!
I know it's worth making an informed decision though- my 4700 was a GREAT decision- been in the shop for one minor repair in 12 years!
I would like to make another good purchase like that now!

/ Buying decision- would like opinions please Used Kubota/New Mahindra #8  
I looked at Mahindra, Kioti, Deere, New Holland, and Kubota. NH was pretty comparable to Kubota, in price. Deere was more $$$, and the kid, and I mean kid, about 18 there didn't know anything about tractors. Big corporate store. Kioti dealer had been in biz for 1 year. Didn't seem to established. Mahindra dealer went out of biz before I could stop by. Don't know where the next one is. Nearest Kioti dealer over 1 hour away. Decided on the Kubota. I looked a used Kubotas, but they were 85% of new, and no warranty. Zero percent financing made that decision easy.

/ Buying decision- would like opinions please Used Kubota/New Mahindra #9  
I have about 200 hours on my 2008 Mahindra 5525 (55 hp engine, 45 hp pto, 2WD, partially synchronized tranny 8F/2R, power steering, triple rear hydraulic remotes, 5200 lb stock, about 6700 lb with FEL and loaded rear tires) with the ML250 FEL (6-ft wide bucket, 2950 lb lift to 10.5 ft height, skid steer quick attach). Never had any problems with it. It's a simple, heavy, reliable tractor with sheet metal all around (no plastic panels). Cost new about $19K. My place is 10 acres of flat pasture.

My first tractor was a little 2005 Kubota B7510HST.

Good luck.

/ Buying decision- would like opinions please Used Kubota/New Mahindra #10  
before you get to deep go look at the new mahindra.an i think youll see how weak some of it is.like the front axel is real lite.the kubota to me made alot better an alot stronger.