Price Check Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed

/ Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed #31  
I had a 4240 cabbed Kubota. You won't find a better machine in my opinion. Just a great all around machine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 184
   / Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed
Good stuff- I will be sitting down with my dealer Monday discussing all this. Thanks for the education, pictures, and good reviews. I think this makes sense. Interesting wrinkle to the story, a wholesaler (good guy) says he has a 6040 with 4WD/loader/cab coming in with reasonable hours in about a week. I might have to see it before pulling the trigger- either way, I'm sure excited about a new toy! This is such a great forum. Thanks again for all your help! Sam

/ Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed #33  
If you go with the 4240 you may want to get a 3rd function, if you think you will have the need for it. It is a major job to put one on.

I put my own TnT on, that may have been what you were thinking of.

/ Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed #34  
The 6040 will not have the HST+. Once you discover the utility of the HST+, you will never want to go to manual. The only plus to a manual/shuttle would be if the greatest percentage of use is ground engagement type of duty. The ease and versatility of the HST is a major feature. If more HP is what you are looking for (in place of the 4240), look at the L5740. Tough to beat.

/ Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed #35  
Get the OEM remotes. That is the best way to go on the Grand Ls and M models. Get at least one of the remotes with the float function. Costs more, but a waaaaaaaaaaay cleaner installation, especially with a cab model. ;)

Once you discover the utility of the HST+, you will never want to go to manual.

I am thinking you are probably right. My JD 4700 is Hydrostat and I've loved it for 12 years. I really don't think I need the extra HP - two sides to it- don't want to run short of HP but need to stay in my budget- hence the 4240 is what I can afford new- any bigger and I'm moving to used because of price. My ground engagement is working my horse training arena (80 x 80) and roundpen (50' diameter). The rest is between bush hogging and hay moving - then it's whatever chore I'm doing at the time. I bought the JD 4700 in 2001 and have put 1023 hours on it so about 85 hours per year. At some point, I'm going to have to quit speculating and jump!

/ Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed #37  
"...horse training arena (80 x 80) and roundpen (50' diameter)"

With ground engaging I was speaking of bottom plowing, etc.

The duties you describe are well within HST country.

"...horse training arena (80 x 80) and roundpen (50' diameter)"

With ground engaging I was speaking of bottom plowing, etc.

The duties you describe are well within HST country.

Got it- no plowing- sometimes I let the arena get packed and have to chisel it pretty good with the box blade. I am probably going to buy the Jake Rake or the Reveal 4n1
to go with it. I have been using a rotary harrow for the last 10 years but it only accomplishes so much.

/ Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed #39  
You can use a plow with the 4240 hst, depending on your soil you could even use a 2 bottom plow with no problems. The hst just wouldn't be the best option if you were going to plow all the time.

/ Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed #40  
you might also want to get a rear 3pt tiller to work up the ground on your arena and round pen.