Price Check Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed

/ Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed #1  

shucksters

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6620 TLB with Cab, Kioti DK6010SE, Kubota BX2370 + FEL/60"MMM Kawasaki Mule ProFXT EPS LE
Ok- yesterday I started a thread comparing used Kubota 7040 to new Mahindra 6110.....THEN I went to a Kubota dealer today and drove the L4240.

I have a 12 acre horse operation so I move round bales, do some bushhogging, grade the driveway, work the dirt in my training arena and
various other odd jobs. My 12 year old JD 4700 has handled it nicely but I want a cab!!!!

I know it's smaller than what I was looking at but it seems very STOUT

So- dealer priced it to me like this;

Kubota L4240 HST 4WD with loader and Cab at 32K brand new (I'm waiting on the trade value of my JD but have a good idea it should be about 12K)

What do you think? 0% for 60 months on finance

If the trade is right, should I jump on it?

/ Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed #2  
I can't find the loader lift capacity. Can you safely lift and move a round bale with it?

/ Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed
2489 lb loader lift capacity. I think I would add the rear wheel weights just to be safe.....or could keep my box blade on it

Yep that's what I saw: can I get some feedback on round bales from anyone using this machine? My heaviest ones weigh around 1000 lbs but most are more like 800 lbs

Kubota LA854
Height (to pin): 112.3 inches [285 cm]
Dump clearance: 88.9 inches [225 cm]
Dump reach: 22.4 inches [56 cm]
Dump angle: 45
Reach at ground: 75.7 inches [192 cm]
Rollback angle: 42
Breakout force (at 500mm): 4,195 lbs [1902 kg]
Lift to full height (at pin): 2,489 lbs [1129 kg]
Lift to full height (at 500mm): 1,878 lbs [851 kg]
Bucket width: 72 inches [182 cm]
Attachment style: J2513 Quick-Coupler (optional)
Raise time to height: 4.2 s
Bucket dump time: 2.3 s
Lowering time: 2.8 s
Rollback time: 3.5 s

/ Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed #6  
Ok- yesterday I started a thread comparing used Kubota 7040 to new Mahindra 6110.....THEN I went to a Kubota dealer today and drove the L4240.

I have a 12 acre horse operation so I move round bales, do some bushhogging, grade the driveway, work the dirt in my training arena and
various other odd jobs. My 12 year old JD 4700 has handled it nicely but I want a cab!!!!

I know it's smaller than what I was looking at but it seems very STOUT

So- dealer priced it to me like this;

Kubota L4240 HST 4WD with loader and Cab at 32K brand new (I'm waiting on the trade value of my JD but have a good idea it should be about 12K)

What do you think? 0% for 60 months on finance

If the trade is right, should I jump on it?

32K with a cab and loader is a VERY good price.

/ Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed #7  
The 4240 will lift any round bale I've needed to move. You'll need to fill the tires or have a ballast box on the back. It'll handle a 6' brush hog with no problems and others have reported using a 7' with it. I pull a 6' grading scraper on my driveway and I could have gone with a 7' one with out a problem. Since my driveway is only 10' wide the extra foot wouldn't have had any benefit for me so I went with a 6'. The loader is rated for a little under a ton 2' in front of the pivot.

Where the GL line really shines is with the HST+ transmission. For things like loader work and grading the driveway on hills the extra features really make life easy. It has an auto throttle option that will connect the throttle to the hst pedal so when you go to move it will rev the motor up like a gear tractor. The H-DS feature will allow you to 'shift' down a gear to get extra power to push into a pile of dirt then shift back up to drive to where you want to dump it. It can be done without letting off the HST pedal. There's a feature that will monitor the engine RPM and prevent the engine from stalling. It's something that takes a half hour or so to get a good feel for how much it can do.

That sounds awesome. I love my HST JD so didn't want to switch. I have a Bushog brand 286 6 foot heavy duty mower which I am assuming it will be fine with?

I like the idea of filling the tires- that's easier than wheel weights. I hear the HST+ is just about bomb proof too..

please more thoughts- I think I'm about ready to pull the trigger but really want all the info I can get... I am going to buy a reveal 4n1 (7 foot regular) to work my horse arena with too....

Another question- I'm in Memphis where the summers are 120 degrees (with the humidity and heat index). Will the air work in that?

/ Kubota L4240 Drove one today and REALLY liked it so the game has changed #10  
That sounds awesome. I love my HST JD so didn't want to switch. I have a Bushog brand 286 6 foot heavy duty mower which I am assuming it will be fine with?

I like the idea of filling the tires- that's easier than wheel weights. I hear the HST+ is just about bomb proof too..

please more thoughts- I think I'm about ready to pull the trigger but really want all the info I can get... I am going to buy a reveal 4n1 (7 foot regular) to work my horse arena with too....
I don't know what else you need.........it's your tractor..........just sign on the dotted line.

Have you looked at the Jake Rake?

http://www.jakesimplements.com/