Poor service from John Deere

/ Poor service from John Deere
I actually own a John Deere...but it's just a lawn mower. I had a great phone call and email relationship with my dealer, never set foot in the place and didn't haggle over a $2k mower, so don't really have a lot to go on.

It was delivered with almost no gas (mower quit just after being started).

Delivery guy tried to give me money out of his wallet, though.:laughing:

I got good service.

/ Poor service from John Deere
And for those thinking I'm trying to bash Deere...no.

It's just troubling to hear all the negative dealer posts when contemplating what I figured was a great brand.

/ Poor service from John Deere #23  

It's just troubling to hear all the negative dealer posts when contemplating what I figured was a great brand.

Take the negative comments with a gain of salt. There is good and bad with everything. Remember, the people on TBN are only a small representation of the whole population that owns tractors. Also, people have the tendency to bring up/talk more about negative experiences than positive experiences.

All dealership and manufacturers go through changes at one time or another and a lot of the changes are cyclical. JD is trying out a change right now with its dealership network. If the change works overtime, then they did a good job. If not, then they will have to fix that change.

/ Poor service from John Deere #24  
I'm one of those whose JD dealer combined into a chain with 18 stores. I own a riding mower, LX176, so quite old. I bought it from this dealer, and have had great service, whether whole goods (mulching kit), parts (belt, seat, fork, and routine service parts), and service (annual service one year, help with a repair issue I did myself) and have had zero bad issues with the deealer. I still have good relations with them, despite buying my tractor elsewhere last year. No problems at all. I wish you the same success.

/ Poor service from John Deere #25  

Well in our town the JD dealer got bought out by a larger group (Pape) and I don't actually own any JD equipment, but when my ford 3000 stripped the main drive for the loader hydraulic pump the guys managed to find the parts and get them in short order, they were very friendly even though I'm not even a Deere owner. Oops forgot about the pull type 3 bottom plow I bought back in February.

Last edited:
   / Poor service from John Deere #26  
My dealer has a bunch of idiots working there. A big bunch of idiots. Had their been a Kubota dealer anywhere close to here I may have looked at one

/ Poor service from John Deere #27  
Never had a single issue with my Deere dealer, from the negotiations on price, delivery, warranty, random questions to them, their follow-ups have been great, etc., etc., and I only spent a little over $20K...

/ Poor service from John Deere #28  
Why not ask for great service from John Deere and see what you get in the way of replys?

My thoughts are that those disgruntled with any brand are going to be vocal and their complaints may not be representative to the overall service of the brand they are disgruntled with. Furthermore, "service" is not a static condition. It may change with time, place, and from time to time.

/ Poor service from John Deere #29  
Why not ask for great service from John Deere and see what you get in the way of replys?

Furthermore, "service" is not a static condition. It may change with time, place, and from time to time.

Plus +++ Service quality will change with the person you speak with, and which side of the bed they got up on, and their kids, and the weather, and the last customer before you, etc, Just normal people ...

/ Poor service from John Deere #30  
Deere gives you great service. But it costs.
Reminds me of the Harley Davidson joke. What does HD mean? Hundred Dollars every time you walk in.
Same thing.