Poor service from John Deere

/ Poor service from John Deere
I'm great with that Dr., higher prices should bring better service. And then we get the chance to decide whether better service is worth the cost to us.

But that's not what I've been hearing about on a number of different posts here...and I'm someone who is willing to pay more for better service, when it matters to me.

/ Poor service from John Deere #32  
I can't say I have had bad service but I have had some expensive service,, understand that JD,, stand for Just Dollars,, and you can't take it with you.. so I guess JD is doing a public service.. helping on redistribution of the cash.. Thank Goodness for good service,, not.. Lou

:laughing: Good outlook. :thumbsup:

/ Poor service from John Deere #34  
I had absolutely fantastic service from my small JD dealer before JD downsized these guys out of business. All I have is an old 1976 JD 210 Garden tractor (still do) and they kept me in parts, paint, and conversation. After they closed up, I went up to the big, multiple store, JD dealer to look at buying a subcut or cut tractor. Sales people standing around BS-ing wouldn't even look at me. I inquired online for a quote too at the same company, no response. I bought a Kubota! I don't think that JD corp. would be too happy about this, but I don't have time to waste on these guys. Hopefully that was just a bad day, but it's an 80 mile round trip. I now buy my belts and parts for the 210 from online dealers or ebay.

/ Poor service from John Deere #35  
Was your JD dealer in Moon TWP? I used them before they closed, they were very helpful. Still have JD Diesel for mowing and such but last month bought a new BX25 from Golden Eagle. This is all new to me, but have put about 35 hours on it already. Removed some brush and a stump of about 17" diamater. Can't wait for this weather to clear up so I can have more fun

/ Poor service from John Deere #36  
Take the negative comments with a gain of salt. There is good and bad with everything. Remember, the people on TBN are only a small representation of the whole population that owns tractors. Also, people have the tendency to bring up/talk more about negative experiences than positive experiences.

All dealership and manufacturers go through changes at one time or another and a lot of the changes are cyclical. JD is trying out a change right now with its dealership network. If the change works overtime, then they did a good job. If not, then they will have to fix that change.

Good reply Eagle. I too think that way to many folks seem to place a much higher value on forums than it actually is, just way to small of a representation. Good place for information so long as you can filter out all of the "opinion" which is what most of this is if not directly related to "remove bolt A to get to B". It is much easier to find poor posts relating to any subject than good ones and you never hear all three sides of the story.

/ Poor service from John Deere #37  
Was your JD dealer in Moon TWP? I used them before they closed, they were very helpful. Still have JD Diesel for mowing and such but last month bought a new BX25 from Golden Eagle. This is all new to me, but have put about 35 hours on it already. Removed some brush and a stump of about 17" diamater. Can't wait for this weather to clear up so I can have more fun

Nope, my little JD dealer was up in Mars, PA. I still go up to that area to get chicken feed and other stuff at the Mars Agway and while I'm there I usually stop at the Tractor Supply in Cranberry. I got my BX25 at Murphy Family Inc. in Washington, PA. I've had mine around 13 months and have around 90 hours on it so far. It looks like the weather may break in another week or so. I'm way behind on most of the work I wanted to have started by now. I just got a new tiller from Everything Attachments to play with but it's too wet again.

/ Poor service from John Deere #38  
The Deere dealer I use has two locations. Service at both is great. Got me parts for a 16 year old garden tractor in 3 days. They service my CUT - in and out the same day. Have dealt with them for nearly 20 years and have zero complaints. I guess that doesn't fit the paradigm you're looking for...

No, not many complaints about that kind of service. :laughing: