Looking to upgrade to a larger JD

/ Looking to upgrade to a larger JD #1  

Tobster

Tractor
JD 3032e
Curewntly have a 3032e I have had for a yr. I'm very happy with the quality and performance, but have decided after using it for a yr that I could use a larger tractor and more HP...so, I had decided on a 4320 hydrostat and have a quote for a new one at $26,112 with 400x loader (open cab), and have also found a 3 yr old 4720 hydrostat with cab and air with 420 hrs and 400x loader for $32,000. Wasnt really looking for a cab or that much HP, but they would both be nice to have.

So now I have a decision to make...any input or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

/ Looking to upgrade to a larger JD #2  
:welcome: I like a/c and heat.

/ Looking to upgrade to a larger JD
That is attractive for sure, one concern I have is related to how often I find myself getting on and off my tractor...trying to decide if that would be a pain to have to deal with getting in and out of the cab that often. That may seem secondary though with the MS summer heat. Also, having a new tractor under warranty is attractive. Obviously I'm struggling with this decision.

Thanks for your input

/ Looking to upgrade to a larger JD #4  
how good was the maintenance done on it?

/ Looking to upgrade to a larger JD #5  
Two things I never considered when thinking about a cab, dust and bees. Both valid points.

/ Looking to upgrade to a larger JD #6  
I hate those friggen bee's bigtime.

/ Looking to upgrade to a larger JD #7  
I wouldnt want a cab on a tractor that i have to get on and off very often. I have a/c cabs on my row crop machines and one dozer but wouldnt even consider it on a utility model. Visibility is a big issue also on early mornings and late evenings from sun even if windows are clean.

/ Looking to upgrade to a larger JD #8  
I would go with the 4720 cab if in good shape. I have a 4520 cab and would say the doors open wide are not a problem/issue at all. Great protection from those Yellow jackets too. While the glass might be some impairment for visibility I don't think it is a big deal and I live in the southwest where dust can be a big problem. Rain isn't a problem for a cab tractor either, since the operator station all stays dry.

I much prefer the power of the 4520 and 4720 tractors over the 4320.

Great point, I intend to go look at the tractor and will ask for maintencance records.

Great points...I really appreciate the feedback.