Green or Orange ....can't decide

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #1  

Dmdrdvl21

Tractor
Dont own one yet
I've been looking for quite a while now at the green and orange tractors. We just bought a place with 5 acres that needs a lot of work...dirt FEL work and brush hogging to be exact. I would also like to put in a garden soon but not sure if I need a disc, plow or tiller. I like the green but the orange has the best dealer near me. I just noticed that green is offering 0% for 60 months too...man this makes it hard! I almost setteled on the B2320 but reading all these forums sure makes it hard. Thanks for a great source of info guys...keep up the good work.

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #2  
I always have bought green. However, I think the orange is right on with green so its a tough coin toss. My final decision was based on the fact that Kubota dealers are too far and deere is right around the corner. So based on the fact I can get all the parts I need right down the road and my warranty is for 3 years, I opted for the deere

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #3  
I was looking for a similar sized tractor a while back. I have an older JD and had planned to go with that. The Kubota B changed my mind though, I ended up with a B2920. There were a couple of reasons, one was that the Kubota was significantly cheaper than the best the JD dealer could do, the other was that driving both around the lot I just liked the kubota's layout much better. Notable differences were the hydro pedal placement and loader lever placement, both of which I liked better on the kubota. It also seemed to be a bit more rugged in some minor ways (metal hood, routing of the hydraulic lines for better protection, etc). I don't think you can go wrong either way. My advice would be to try them both and see if you like the way one feels over the other and then compare prices. The JD's have a few more features, but in my case they weren't worth paying additional for and I preferred one layout VS the other. For the record my older JD has been amazing and has really lasted.

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide
thanks for the warranty info...I hadn't even realized the difference until you said that.

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide
that's good advice tractchores. I really just need to do what you said and get some seat time to make my decision. I'm sure it comes down to personal preference and I've held off on test driving because I know myself too well...as soon as I sit in the seat I might as well get the pen ready to sign!

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #6  
Welcome to TractorByNet :tractor:

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #7  
There is another Orange you know.

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #8  
They are both good brands. I personally like the John Deere build and quality a little better. It does cost more, and in John Deere's case, you get more.

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #9  
Do the pro's and con's of each. First day of use and you will be happy with either. :welcome:

/ Green or Orange ....can't decide #10  
thanks for the warranty info...I hadn't even realized the difference until you said that.
I didn't pay any attention to the warranty on my new M7040 when I bought it in January, so the statement on the warranty on the Deere caught my attention. My initial impression was that Kubota wouldn't let Deere go one up on them with a warranty, but like I said - I never bothered to look. Until now. The M series is 24 months or 2000 hours on the overall tractor, but it's 3 years or 3000 hours on the power train. The warranty is different for most of Kubota's line up, but the info is simple to find on their website. Not to bash JD here, but I just spent 15 minutes (granted - not a lot of time) on the JD web site to "compare" warranty info and I never did find a defined - by model - definition of the warranty period - or what it covered. I'm sure it's out there - somewhere - but it should have been easier to find for comparisons.

Best of luck in what ever you decide to buy. I spent several hours at the JD dealer looking at a 5083E (I think that was the model) that I really liked. I eventually pulled the trigger on the Kubota because of a long term relationship with the dealer - even though they are 85 miles from the farm.

BTW - my first Kubota - an L3130 - spent 10 years outside and never once went in for warranty work. I finally had it in the shop earler this year because I over stressed the FEL trying to pick up something that was FIRMLY attached to the ground (a tree :rolleyes: ) and blew the seals on the curl cylinders. My fault entirely.