NH or LS Tractor?

/ NH or LS Tractor? #1  

Raptor150

Tractor
2012 New Holland T1510
I'm actually in the process of looking for a tractor and wanted to see what you guys thought of the 2011 LS Tractor R4041 with loader and backhoe. Has 300hrs and warranty til 2016. Asking 20k. Never heard of these tractors before and was going to go with a NH T1015 but it only has a loader and 0mi for 14599. Are they reliable? What about the engine? What you guys think?

/ NH or LS Tractor? #2  
pick the blue one.:laughing: Sorry just saw your a first time poster. What do you plan to do with a tractor?

/ NH or LS Tractor?
Lol Guess I'll have to buy both then. I own an acre and a half which is my main residence- I need to fix the driveway and move cut logs up to the OWB. Also need to dig up the pex lines to the house eventually but I was going to rent a backhoe for a day to quickly do that if I got the NH. But I also own a 5acre ADK camp that I am eventually going to sell and have to start all over again. Building a driveway digging for posts and septics lines. I'm new to the whole tractor scene so I'm trying to make sure I make the best purchase possible.

These are the two I'm looing at:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160991282356?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261146705163?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

/ NH or LS Tractor? #4  
instead of Flea bay, What dealers are with in 50 miles of where you live? Those are where you should look. These machines you have listed are all gear machines. I would say up to a 25 hp or so should do.

/ NH or LS Tractor?
The NH is actually from a dealer up north that I always pass by on the way up to the camp. I have an NH dealer bout 18 mi from me to get parts and if I need a service. The closet LS dealer is bout 45 mi from me, which is the one that is also listing that. So I am supporting the local dealers just looking for the opinions from you guys. I know I'll find a bunch of other things to use it for as well.

/ NH or LS Tractor? #6  
Which dealer is better? Who can you work with.

/ NH or LS Tractor? #7  
Between the two the LS appears to be the better buy. Sorry I don't have any particular LS experience to reassure you with, but I expect there will some happy owners chiming in soon to second my vote. I also expect some more HST suggestions to pop up.

/ NH or LS Tractor? #8  
I just bought my LS, and got a quote for the same model in NH decals. Short version is that for an LS R4047H I paid $21,500 out the door. It has the FEL, two rear remotes, work light, and 7-pin trailer plug. For the same machine, with the same equipment, from NH (Boomer 50) it was over $30k. I just did the 50hr service recently, and aside from snugging up a few bolts (common for any brand) there was absolutely nothing to note. It has been absolutely flawless.

Oh wait, there was one huge problem a few weeks back. Somehow I managed to catch my boot on the rubber pad on the reverse hydro pedal, and pop it off....it took at least 10 seconds to get back on....man I was mad :laughing:

On a serious note, you should be able to get a new R4041H for around $20k. My dealer even lists them on CL for around that price:

LS tractor loader R4041, 41hp

Last edited:
   / NH or LS Tractor? #9  
I am guessing the backhoe would push the price considerably north of 20K.