NH or LS Tractor?

/ NH or LS Tractor? #21  
The price seems decent, but that 9x3 is probably not the optimal transmission for what you listed. Your future seemed to involve a lot of digging. Probably lots of stops and shifting. I'd encourage you to spend some time test driving with frequent stopping and direction changes from different gears.

I was just going to say the same thing. For new users, HST is much easier, and probably safer too...wrong gear, abrupt clutch....wham, you crush something important.

/ NH or LS Tractor?
I have previous experience with backhoes and loaders so as for driving I've got some time under my belt. Everything I drive is a stick except the raptor and well I'm not too happy about that. That's one of the reasons I thought a 9x3 be a lil nicer that and its about 1900 cheaper. The HST version is 16900 from what I remember.

/ NH or LS Tractor? #23  
From what I've been told, the LS and the NH are pretty much the same tractor. I have a LS dealer near to me (25 miles) and stopped in to check them out. I then stopped at the local NH dealer (60 miles away) and test drove the T1510 HST FWD and loved it. After comparing the LS and the NH I preferred the NH as far as ergonomics goes. After buying my tractor, my dealer took a turn for the worst and I found out that not only did sales suck, service does too. I remedied that by utilizing a NH dealer that is about 70 miles away. All in all, I'm very happy with my T1510. It has plenty of power to operate anything I've attached to it (see my sig) and it's easy to work on and service. Sometimes I think I should have gotten the T1520 just because of the 5hp increase, but I can honestly say that I have not needed it yet. With the HST, the hp drops a little, but it's not enough to make a difference to me. The HST is a tad on the noisey side, but that's one of those characteristic things. I do love the convenience of the HST and doubt very much if I were to buy another tractor that I'd change my mind. So far, after 200 hours, I have no complaints. Here's a link that has several T1510's that you can compare your price to. http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/list.aspx?manu=NEW+HOLLAND&mdltxt=T1510 Personally, I'd buy new if your budget can handle it, just because of the warranty. My purchasing dealer has a 0% finance charge for new purchases. You might want to check around to see if that's available in your area. Good luck in making your choice!

/ NH or LS Tractor? #24  
Just FYI, the T1510 isn't made by LS, it's a Shibaura product (which many folks prefer).

/ NH or LS Tractor?
Thanks guys for all the info- My only worry is the loader on the t1510 powerful enough to lift some decent size rocks and dirt?
I checked tractorhosue and it looks like the price I'm getting 14949 out the door delivery included is the best I'm going to do price wise for a new t1510.

/ NH or LS Tractor? #26  
I was just thinking (thats not usually a good thing) for the price of the LS with the BH and only 300 hours (right on the hours?) that basically makes the BH free. Granted the tractor isn't brand new but it still has the drive train warranty. Not really trying to influance your thought process because it really doesn't matter to me either way, but a free BH is better than a 6 to 7K BH and from what you have listed as work to be done it seems like you need the BH and you would have to rent one in the future and they don't give the rentals away either. Maybe you could get him down a little on the LS and have your cake and eat it to. Just a thought to confuse you a little more!:confused3:

/ NH or LS Tractor? #27  
When I bought my LS R4047 with FEL and Backhoe , it was at 27.500 . since the Ls is at a dealer can he offer you financing ? you might be able to get a boxblade or mower thrown in , Ya never know !as far as mine , trouble free for 138 hrs so far.
Good Luck with your decision !

/ NH or LS Tractor? #28  
There isn't much I can add to what has already been said. LS makes good tractors for many different dealers so I have no concerns for quality of the tractors. As for the LS, It looks like you would be getting about $7,500 off by buying a 2 year old (possibly less depending on when it was sold) tractor with only 300 hours. That's = to $25 per hour. I just did a calc for my tractor @$25 per hours would be 1420 hours to totally depreciate it. No way would I use that much depreciation for MY tractor, so I think you are getting a fair deal as for discounted pricing.
You would need to look at the wear and tear on the FEL and Backhoe to determine if it is worth more than that to discount. As for the tractor, that is almost nothing in terms of life of the tractor AND it has 3 more years of powertrain warranty so I would not be concerned on the tractor. Look closely at the FEL frame and bucket for warpage, ie does the blade set flat on the ground as you slowly lower it(check it with the bucket flat and with the cutting edge vertical) check the cutting edge for straight or is it bent or bowing in the middle. Check the backhoe for slop in the pins, there will be some but as long as it isn't excessive, it should be ok. Check the hydraulics, will the stabilizers lift the machine up, will the FEL bucket lift the front of the tractor(you have to dump the bucket lip down all the way to do this test, check all the valve controls for function (are any of them loose: there should be little to no movement that does not cause hydraulics to move). If it all checks out good, then I would probably go with the LS for the back hoe since you obviously need one.

/ NH or LS Tractor? #29  
The NH is actually from a dealer up north that I always pass by on the way up to the camp. I have an NH dealer bout 18 mi from me to get parts and if I need a service. The closet LS dealer is bout 45 mi from me, which is the one that is also listing that. So I am supporting the local dealers just looking for the opinions from you guys. I know I'll find a bunch of other things to use it for as well.
My dealer is 70 miles away and I have been back 2 times in 2 years. Only once did I take the tractor in to service for a couple of broken items (broken seat bracket and broken drawbar bracket) that were covered under warranty and both were upgraded to newer designed versions. I could have just taken the broken parts over and swapped them for new but I got them to do a check up on it to see if everything was ok as the bumper to bumper warranty was about out. Everything was fine by the way other than the broken stuff which was replaced as no charge.

/ NH or LS Tractor? #30  
Thanks guys for all the info- My only worry is the loader on the t1510 powerful enough to lift some decent size rocks and dirt?

As far as the dirt goes, it's gonna lift whatever you put in the bucket. It's hard to overload the buckets with dirt unless the load is piled way above the bucket, and that's not always a good practice to get into.
As for the rocks, it should be able to lift in the range of 800-1000# depending on whether you use forks or a bucket and how high, far back/forward the load is. If the FEL won't lift, you always have the option of using the 3pt with forks and that should lift around 1600# +/-

One more thing... I know you mentioned about the standard transmission (ST), but before you make a solid decision based on all of your other vehicles having a ST, you might want to rethink that. Not saying the ST won't get the job done, because it will and there are plenty of people that think it's the cats meow. I too have ST vehicles, but after owning a ST tractor I'd would never go back to one. Forward movement is okay, but if you ever decide to use an attachment that requires backing up, like a rear mounted snow blower or back blade you'll understand what I'm talking about. Turning to look over your shoulder while trying to manipulate the clutch, brake, implement and whatever else you need to do to get the job done is hard enough with HST, let alone a ST, and it's gonna reek havoc on your body. It's your choice, but never again will I buy a ST for my only tractor.

I checked tractorhosue and it looks like the price I'm getting 14949 out the door delivery included is the best I'm going to do price wise for a new t1510.

Here's a couple more links you can check out... NEWHOL T1510 PACKAGE - Offer 640928 - equipmentalley.com
new holland t1510 specs - Google Search