Tractor
    several

Default Norrow tractor with cab

I need too buy a new or good used tractor for our specialty crop farm. I want something with a cab and air, (geting old) and is 50 inches or less wide. Don't Know if this is possible? Want to spend less than 30k. Small frame and Hp. Have posted a similar question before, everone sugested big orchard/vinyard tractors, 5,000 lbs+. Need to trailer it a lot, farming in the burbs. Looking at buying a kubota B3000 (54") and having custom norrow rear rims and tires made to narrow it up a bit. Any help would be appreciated before dropping big bucks.

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Default Re: Norrow tractor with cab

What are your horsepower requirements? Main use?

Vineyard tractors are designed for what your looking for but tend to run higher horsepower. kubota use to make a narrow B series I think. I don't know if it had a cab or if they even make one still but it might be something to look into.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tractor
    M8540 Narrow, Agrokid 55, Kubota L3400

Here in blueberry farms in B.C, the smaller tractors that fit in the rows are: John Deer 3720, kubota L3400/l3800, Agrokid 230. I would go with the 3720, you can get a cab for it, it comes at about 52 inches wide and is around your price range.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler, Case 580 Super M Series 2

This is the exact same question you asked a few weeks back....probably no changes in what's available, and not everybody suggested the larger, heavier, orchard models. Bumping your original thread will prevent folks from spending time typing up the same answer that someone else has already spent time to provide, or the same folks from typing up the same reply because they don't notice it's from the same poster.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...p-compact.html