Buying Advice Yanmar 186D price

/ Yanmar 186D price #1  

sbuchan

Tractor
Yanmar 186D
Hi Guys,
I'm thinking about buying a 1983 Yanmar 186D 18 HP diesel tractor to work on my small farm. This one has a rebuilt engine with about 100 hours on it, a loader, scraper box and rock rake. The seller is willing to drive 400 miles round trip to deliver it to my land, which is important because I don't have a trailer that will handle it. He wants $6200 for this package. I know that's high side, but am I crazy to consider this?
thanks

/ Yanmar 186D price #2  
Actually....that's not a bad price with those implements. I have a 186D and I see them go for about $4500 for the tractor and another $1000 for the FEL. A lot is dependent on condition. Have you seen and driven the tractor? Check all the fluids.....any serious leaks. Does tranny shift OK....all gears?? 3 pt. working properly....both speeds? Brakes? Differential lock??? Just check it out real well and drive it before buying. If you buy it.....parts are easy to get from Hoye.....good folks to deal with. You might also want to check out the Yanmar forum on TBN....lots of good info. Good luck!:thumbsup:

/ Yanmar 186D price
Actually....that's not a bad price with those implements. I have a 186D and I see them go for about $4500 for the tractor and another $1000 for the FEL. A lot is dependent on condition. Have you seen and driven the tractor? Check all the fluids.....any serious leaks. Does tranny shift OK....all gears?? 3 pt. working properly....both speeds? Brakes? Differential lock??? Just check it out real well and drive it before buying. If you buy it.....parts are easy to get from Hoye.....good folks to deal with. You might also want to check out the Yanmar forum on TBN....lots of good info. Good luck!:thumbsup:

Thanks JerryBob,
Yes, I drove it today and the 3 pt worked perfectly, the engine was not leaking, and it drove and shifted very smoothly. The seat is in bad shape as is the steering wheel, but everything else looks good. Thanks for the advice!

/ Yanmar 186D price #4  
Thanks JerryBob,
Yes, I drove it today and the 3 pt worked perfectly, the engine was not leaking, and it drove and shifted very smoothly. The seat is in bad shape as is the steering wheel, but everything else looks good. Thanks for the advice!

You're welcome.......seats are easy to find.....Tractor Supply and most dealers have something that will work. Steering wheel can be found at Hoye. See below.....good luck.
Yanmar Tractor Parts: YM186_186D

/ Yanmar 186D price
I bought it and it will be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait to start playing with it!

/ Yanmar 186D price #6  
I gave $6000 bucks for my Yanmar with a bucket loader---Mine is a Yanmar D-1850 with a 22 HP Diesel----Lug tires---I replaced the front tires about $300 bucks.-----Great tractor.

/ Yanmar 186D price #7  
I was the seller.this I bought this 186d the late 70's with about 200 hrs on it . the seller had run it out of oil a spon two rods. I completely rebuilt the engine and put in a new clutch. The tires were badly cracked so I put on new tires. I only used it about 20 hour as I was living in Newport beach, ca. at the time. I movedd to Az. in 2004 and used it to dig 200 post holes. I bought a montana 4940c an did not use the yanmar at all until I put it up for sale. The hr meter had about 260 hr on it and I believe that to be correct. I know that the buyer is going to love their yanmar and it is just the right size for their new property.

/ Yanmar 186D price #8  
Love mine ! Never ever had an issue with her !lifting 400K of Batteries here! IMG_2131.jpg