Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Many

Default Re: Kubota M135GX and comparable Deere

One of the reasons we quit john deeres was we were never happy with hyd flow and open centre of other brands seemed to have more flow and less troublesome . A group of friends just tested one of these against comparable NH,JD,etc in same bracket at a field day and the kubota was certainly the tractor that had the most interest and very good reports .

Tractor
    Kubota (2010)M7040,(2012)M7040,New Holland(2004)TL100

My neighbor has a NH135hp and last year he bought the M135 and has nothing but good things to say about it. At first he was worried about it only being a 4cyl. But he said was very suprised with the power and fuel consuption. He does do some light tilling(21 tandem) and pulls a 20ft batwing. From being in both the cab on the NH is larger and heavier. The price was 25grand lower than the others is why he went with the kubota..

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by D7E View Post
    One of the reasons we quit john deeres was we were never happy with hyd flow and open centre of other brands seemed to have more flow and less troublesome . A group of friends just tested one of these against comparable NH,JD,etc in same bracket at a field day and the kubota was certainly the tractor that had the most interest and very good reports .
    Comparing of just open center systems only, or open center with any form of pressure and flow compensation. I find it hard to believe that std open center systems outperform those systems.

Tractor
    Kubota L4240

I'm not real sure on heavy tractors but on mid size I have owned several late model kubota tractors and I would put mine against any tractor on the planet. They are more user friendly than most but that is what I am used to. This is just my opinion . One other thing you got to look at is all the new electronic crap and down the road expense . Pretty sure apples to apples the Deere will be a lot more money. Thanks I'm new to this also

Tractor
    8670 Ford New Holland, Ford 4600 SU, Ford 6600, 781 NH skidloader

The kubota is a great tractor. I run primarily NH equipment. New Holland T.155 isn't compairable to the 135. Its only 115 engine horsepower. Eventually all these tractors will be 4 bangers. Im seriously considering a Kubota for spring planting. The new Holland just isn't impressing me. I believe the Kubota is a better built machine. And I'd rather have a Japanese made something than China. Choose wisely. Look at dealer support as well.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by browndktr View Post
    Thank you for getting back to me on this. Will the pricing be comparable to the Kubotas?
    Remember the Deere D series 6130 is their basic no frills model. You will not be able to specify things like radials, cast center wheels, many more and better tire and transmission options, rack and pinion axles, etc, etc. I think the D series should price out significantly less but it wouldn't be as full featured; it all depends on your specific needs and wants. What type of farming will you be restarting on the old farm and what implements will you be using? Will some of your tasks be one-time things to get the place back in shape and then not needed to be done again?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12