Buying Advice Kubota M135GX and comparable Deere

/ Kubota M135GX and comparable Deere #1  

browndktr

Tractor
numerous
Hi All,

This may not be the forum for this question but I thought I would throw it out there. I am in the process of restarting an old farm in Maine, and I have a tractor question. Given the implements I plan to use I have been told about 100-120 PTO HP is what I am looking for. Yesterday I investigated Kubota and was directed to the M135GXDTC

With LA2254, 96" bucket, 48" pallet forks, radials, 3rd function, loaded tires and delivery cost was about $89k without tax.

My questions is the following: Does anyone have experience with this tractor? What models are comparable in the deere lineup? What, approximately, would they cost similarly equipped?

My small tractors are Deere's, so I am partial to sticking with them. But, if the cost differential is to great, or I hear particularly good things about the Kubota I could end up going that route.

Thank you in advance.

/ Kubota M135GX and comparable Deere #2  
good tractor, we're selling an increasing about of them. Great haying and loader tractors, okay for light tillage. I would not recommend for heavy tillage (because of weight) or spraying (open center hydraulics). Other than those two things, they are very good very feature rich tractors.

/ Kubota M135GX and comparable Deere #3  
6130d would be similar comparison. Upgraded version for stuff like pressure and flow comp hyd would be 6125m, Upgrade again for full blown closed center and press and flow comp to 6125r.

/ Kubota M135GX and comparable Deere #4  
i know in pa i have apples trees i didnt have to pay taxes on my tractor you might be not have to pay tax on the tractor as well i dont know much bout the 135 horse kubota i have a 70 horse

/ Kubota M135GX and comparable Deere
6130d would be similar comparison. Upgraded version for stuff like pressure and flow comp hyd would be 6125m, Upgrade again for full blown closed center and press and flow comp to 6125r.

Thank you for getting back to me on this. Will the pricing be comparable to the Kubotas?

/ Kubota M135GX and comparable Deere
i know in pa i have apples trees i didnt have to pay taxes on my tractor you might be not have to pay tax on the tractor as well i dont know much bout the 135 horse kubota i have a 70 horse

I have been told that since the farm is not currently operating I won't be tax exempt. But after a year of operation I can retroactively claim the tax exemption and get the tax money back. I have to investigate this further as tax on a tractor of this size is certainly not pocket change.

/ Kubota M135GX and comparable Deere #7  
I'm with Neal, I don't think they would make a great heavy tillage tractor. I looked at one last week on the dealer's lot. Kubota is working hard to get into this market. If you notice on Kubota's website, they call this tractor a "mid-sized AG" tractor. For an all around mid-sized AG tractor it appears to be well suited and equipped. I'm interested to see what you get when you compare prices with JD or NH or any of the other leading brands.

It'll take a little seat time, but I think you can get your answers online using the manufacturers "build you own" feature and "compare" feature. Figure 85% for a realistic price at the dealer.

/ Kubota M135GX and comparable Deere #8  
compare prices with JD or NH or any of the other leading brands.

It gets hard to compare tractors in this size because the features are costly. In this size tractor and at this price point, its very hard to find another company selling a 3x8 power shift. Its been awhile since I've run up against Deere on this one, but as I recall their 4x4 power quad has been 12-15k more money. CNH has not had a power shift in this size tractor, although that is set to change. That said, the hydraulic system is this tractors weak spot. If that not an issue for you, its a very good tractor at this price point.

/ Kubota M135GX and comparable Deere #9  
man for $89 on a 4 cylinder kubota, you can get into a heavier, 6 cylinder NEw Holland t6050 or T6.155

/ Kubota M135GX and comparable Deere #10  
Unless I am missing something, the JD 6D pretty well sucks on the only transmission available. When I priced out a 6R it was $107k before I started thinking about extras. The 6M wouldn't work out a price for me. The JD has a 4.5 liter engine vs 6.1 in the Kubota but what they do with the electronics makes a lot of difference in pulling power. Like the New Holland T7.170 I was looking at today. Specs look pathetic at only 100 PTO HP but the way the power curve climbs up under load - I want to demo one after the snow melts. Very interesting year with all the new models.