Tractor Sizing Max 25 weight, pricing

/ Max 25 weight, pricing #1  

KB1JIM

Tractor
Mahindra Max25
Greetings!

Can anyone tell me the gross weight of the Mahindra Max 25 with FEL and BH attached? Also, is $19,900 a fair price or should I treat this like a car buying situation and just assume I'm being lied to and manipulated? I'm new at this. Thanks, JoeT

/ Max 25 weight, pricing #2  
Also, is $19,900 a fair price or should I treat this like a car buying situation and just assume I'm being lied to and manipulated?

:laughing: Welcome aboard, Joe, good/funny post. I'm sure you'll get some helpful posts soon.

/ Max 25 weight, pricing #3  
There has been a fair amount of traffic about the Max 25 so someone should be able to compare prices for you. Have you checked their website for specs on this tractor. Sometimes it is hard to get FEL and back hoe weights but 500# might be a good estimate for the back hoe and 350 for the FEL.

/ Max 25 weight, pricing #4  
Are you financing? Mahindra's financing seems a little more disingenuous then some others IMLE

KB1CRT
(formerly of Brunswick, Maine)

/ Max 25 weight, pricing
I'll be paying cash. I hate to be cynical, but I've lived long enought to have bought a few cars and trucks and root canal is more pleasant than trying to arrive at a price that doesn't make my butt hurt. I don't mind paying some mark-up, that's just how it works. Just don't treat me like a milk cow.
Ok, I found the spec sheet and the shipping weights are on there; loader: 545 lbs, BH: 725 lbs w/o bucket. Total with tractor: 2963 lbs. Probably a bit much for my single axle trailer. Thanks for the responses so far, I'd still like to hear what otherss have paid for this little rig.

/ Max 25 weight, pricing
A minor correction to my last post. Milk cows generally receive far better treatment than car/truck shoppers. :)

/ Max 25 weight, pricing #7  
I wouldn't try to tow it on a single axle trailer. I think you'll find that you'll need to position the tractor to get the tongue weight correct. As for price I really can't help you but if I was paying cash I would try making a lower offer even if I thought it was a good price. What's the worse that could happen, the dealer says no? The dealer could throw a few perks in, like an oil change to help sweeten the deal if he isn't willing to drop the price.

/ Max 25 weight, pricing #8  
That tractor would exceed the gross weight rating of most single axle trailers. I would go with a 2 axle with brakes on both axles and 16' long minimum.

/ Max 25 weight, pricing #9  
That tractor would exceed the gross weight rating of most single axle trailers. I would go with a 2 axle with brakes on both axles and 16' long minimum.

and even though the trailer may not be holding its max capacity, I believe the police use the portable scales to weigh the forward trailer axle and the rear axle of the truck.

/ Max 25 weight, pricing #10  
I'm not to sure about the total weight, but I've been looking at the Max 25 and the Max 28xl HST. The best cash price I've been quoted for a Max 28 in Massachusetts is 17750 for a Tractor/loader/backhoe. They also offered 19175 for 0% for 84 months. Does anyone know the ground clearance for the Max 25 or Max 28. I can't seem to find the info anywhere.