Still trying to decide imput please

/ Still trying to decide imput please #11  
I only ever had kubota and loved it, had to sell when i moved,to answer the question i like the platform better the pedal configuration, and just eaiser to service under the hood,i like the position control 3pt,not so crazy about the mowing deck i think if it was more heavy duty the massey would be my choice.I may wait to see if the new 2650 comes without a cab that might be an option; were you specing the cb10 backhoe to the kubotas counterpart on those specs?

Yes CB10 as that is the backhoe Massey listed for the 1529, from Massey's website it didn't look like the CB15 was supported on the 1529 e.g. it wasn't in the list of tractors for that backhoe. If only they put everything we want in one tractor lol.

/ Still trying to decide imput please #12  
I got a 12" bucket and we have clay soil and I don't have sticking problems.

/ Still trying to decide imput please #13  
I just cant believe that you will have enough ummph to use a 16" bucket on the 2920 back hoe. MY B26 specs the capacity of my bucket force as 4211 pound vs 2920 at 2123 so I have almost double the capacity on the B26 and it barely handles a 12" in hard soil. When using it to break out roots just calculating the force per inch of bucket width dividing 4211 x 12"= 351 pounds per inch where as with the 2920 with a 16" bucket you would have 132 pounds of force per inch. While this may not be a mathematical accuracy if does relate to the total force available and the amount of area that it spreads over. With my 7" bucket I can expect over 600 pound per inch of bucket so it significantly increases the force that I can put on roots to break them

/ Still trying to decide imput please #14  
I have not had any problems with my 12" bucket with it holding mud(none that wont shake out easily) but it does pack in pretty good on the 7". Any bucket width will hold mud to an extent and have to shake it out sometimes. I have seen track-hoes and draglines with huge buckets that had to have huge chains welded in to the bucket to help dump out the mud.
I would advise you to get something in writing to allow a swap out if your bucket is too large for your tractor or perhaps get a small bucket (8-9")like I have to use when the 16 wont work very well.
If you do stay with the 16, let us all know how it works in your soil.

/ Still trying to decide imput please #15  
Will do Gary, again our soil isn't hard, its sticky lose your shoe in it type soil and has lots of small round glacier rock mixed in. I dug the 30 inch deep hole for my mailbox post with a shovel without any trouble, poured a bag of cement down the hole and it still doesn't feel all that stable. Now vegas I hear their soil is like concrete.

/ Still trying to decide imput please #16  
deathtoBB,

just curious is your TBN name regarding berries or RIM?

Seriously to your point, Gary has the quick change bucket on the B26 - would love to have that machine, but I have the 16" on the B21 and it works fine. Is it ideal for stumping no, but it makes just a little bigger hole, and with the BH the force on a stump is just one or two teeth on the bucket so the force is about the same.

If you have a lot of ripping of stumps, get a ripper tooth to chnge out or the smaller bucket 7". The thumb is also a great tool, and I have a mech one, but want the hyd one for ease of use.

Well, enough said, Gary I have B26 envy, but get your machine deathtoblackberries, and you will be happy and can add other buckets as needed.

Carl

/ Still trying to decide imput please #17  
Carl I have a 200 foot long blackberry patch that's going to get a taste of B2920 loader very soon, that reminds me ratchetrake. I have 3 types of stumps, about 40 puny 3-6 inch'ers, 4 to 5 10'ers, and 10 monsters in the 20 to 24 inch range. I don't think I'll be able to dig out those big ones with this tractor and may have them ground below grade or bring in heavy equipment. My neighbor across the street logged his 5 acres, he has 2 giant tracked machines he used to yank out his stumps still parked on his property, probably take him less than an hour with one of those things to pull my big ones.

/ Still trying to decide imput please #18  
Carl I have a 200 foot long blackberry patch that's going to get a taste of B2920 loader very soon,.

I have seen those blackberry brambles you have up there, those things are monsters. 20' high and shoot out canes sideways up to 20' a year and tip root. Good luck, let us know how you do.

/ Still trying to decide imput please #19  
Carl I have a 200 foot long blackberry patch that's going to get a taste of B2920 loader very soon, that reminds me ratchetrake. I have 3 types of stumps, about 40 puny 3-6 inch'ers, 4 to 5 10'ers, and 10 monsters in the 20 to 24 inch range. I don't think I'll be able to dig out those big ones with this tractor and may have them ground below grade or bring in heavy equipment. My neighbor across the street logged his 5 acres, he has 2 giant tracked machines he used to yank out his stumps still parked on his property, probably take him less than an hour with one of those things to pull my big ones.

I had a 250X30 ft patch, about 8 ft tall. Mine was pretty stump free w/ only a few about 3 in. A couple of years ago, I ended up backing into it with a bush hog. It took a while to chop it all up, but once it it was shreaded it was easy to rake up with a York. I'd run over that area when mowing my pasture, it's just grass now.

/ Still trying to decide imput please #20  

We did the same thing on 2 acres a few years ago with 70-80 24" stumps and had an excavator in for a week to clear all of them - was a lot of clean up afterwards - took the summer with a york rake and lots of rock picking.

The berry brambles seem attracted to newly cleared land - we have two patches 50' around growing out of rocky areas but only 6' high and 1/2" stems and they are still nasty.

I tried the ratchet rake but there are too many embedded rocks in the ground so I wear coveralls and gloves and attack them with my brush cutter.

The RR will work well if you dont have too many rocks is my experience. Good luck and if you have the 20' monster blackberry bushes that is a real challenge i agree.