Any lawn tractors reasonably priced that aren't junk?

/ Any lawn tractors reasonably priced that aren't junk? #11  
May I suggest a Toro Wheel Horse 5xi model. Available as 518xi, 520xi, 522xi, 520lxi (liquid cooled), 523dxi (diesel). Each one is a real brute.

Prices range from $1,500 to $4,000 give or take for nice ones. Many are in the $2,200 - $3,200 price range.

Good luck.

/ Any lawn tractors reasonably priced that aren't junk? #12  
I've always purchased my mowing tractors s/h Deere, Kubota & Iseki, as yet without drama- the key is having the patience to wait for the right machine to come up for sale or at clearing auctions & walk away every time from the junk that's also out there.

Pictured is IMO the best buy I've managed s/h, an ex-council JD415 f/w 3cyl Yanmar Diesel, 54" deck hyd catcher, rear linkage/hydraulics/PTO - not the most popular or powerful machine but @ 195hrs bid at auction for $6K (replacement cost over here c.$20K ) I just couldn't walk away from the deal:D
I have the earlier model of this tractor (332) and it is built like a tank with a Yanmar diesel engine. The HST transmission and Rear end looks like they came out of a 1 ton truck. The mower deck is still a stamped out deck but mine has all sealed bearings with big cast steel hubs. I had to replace the bearings in one spindle last year ($7 eachx2 ) The deck has required some repairs due to rust out but new decks are still available for these mowers but kinda pricey at $1200 and that is just the deck, no spindles.

/ Any lawn tractors reasonably priced that aren't junk? #13  
I have had good service from a Cub Cadet 108, built around 1972; shaft drive, belt driven belly mowing deck, front belt PTO, Kohler 12hp engine, cast iron front axle. The older Cub Cadets were built as small tractors. Paid $300 for it (steal) but you can sometimes find them on craigslist or ebay at very reasonable prices. Well maintained with only Cub Cadet low ash engine oil. The mowing deck is 3 small blades that cut about a 38" path. You can read about them at http://www.ihcubcadet.com/

/ Any lawn tractors reasonably priced that aren't junk? #14  
I would look for a Cub Cadet, not a box store model. They will be shaft drive. If you are looking for a used one look for a 3000 series. They are shaft drive and the the deck is shaft driven. I would also look for a older compact tractor with a MMM. I saw a nice Ferguson on craigslist today for $6000.

/ Any lawn tractors reasonably priced that aren't junk? #15  
I haven't seen it listed but i thought i would steer you clear of it anyway( Honda hydrastatic with the liquid cooled 2 cylinder gas engine)
Ignitions fail coil and ignition module about $380+ to replace, the drive likes to jerk back and forth have to split the drive to fix .the mower deck drive safety clutch wear and then you almost kill the engine trying to disengage the stopping disc before the deck drive engages, the best older mower I have owned ,and some will probably cough at this but it is the smoothest best riding, great cutting mower
Its a 1980's MTD hydrastatic- the pump is belt driven , no plastic all metal, the mower deck is rear discharge, and uses a cogged double sided belt, the blades are timed and overlap but it makes a real nice cut ,no center strip that gets Missed, the drive is tough Zero maintenance needed in almost 30 years pulled 4100 lbs. cars in and out of the garage, compared to a lot of newer mowers the tires are oversized (for the horsepower 18HP) it also rides and drives better than the Honda ever did.. co-op sold this one new, they can be bought cheap , way better than the new shift gear style Craftsman MTDs This is probably not going to be new enough for what you are looking for but, someone else looking for a very affordable hydrastatic drive mower , these can't be beat. just my 2 cents