JD 3520 vs Kubota L3800

/ JD 3520 vs Kubota L3800 #1  

ledfoot2

Hey guys. Great site. I am really stuck. I am looking at two new tractors and I am having trouble deciding.
JD 3520, Power Reverser, 300x loader, R4 tires, fluid filled rear tires $23,600

Kubota L3800, HST, heaviest loader, R4 tires, fluid filled rear tires $21,900

Any thoughts? Both dealers are local and decent.

/ JD 3520 vs Kubota L3800 #2  
That price on the Kubota sounds high to me, close to full retail. The 3520 is a class above the L3800. The L3800 is comparable to a JD 3038e. The Kubota that is comparable to the 3520 would be a L3540. I think you should also look at a L3540. I has some really nice features like HST+. Out of the 2 tractors you mention it would be tough for me to decide because the JD is a nice tractor but it is not a hydro and I really like a hydro trans. If you decide on a L3800 be sure to put something heavy on the 3 point hitch because some are jerky. One advantage Kubota has is they use Skid steer quick attach on the FEL which you can buy attachments for anywhere. John Deere uses their own quick attach and attachments are not as readily available. If I bought a JD I would convert it to SSQA. If you decide on a Kubota you should do some price shopping, I am not sure if the Deere price is good.

/ JD 3520 vs Kubota L3800 #3  
The John Deere sounds on the high side to me. It is hard to tell without knowing the hours on it. In my area a used 3520, 150 or less hours, mid-pto, 3rd SCV, in great condition with a 300CX loader and a 73" HD bucket will go for between $23K and $24K.

/ JD 3520 vs Kubota L3800 #4  
The John Deere sounds on the high side to me. It is hard to tell without knowing the hours on it. In my area a used 3520, 150 or less hours, mid-pto, 3rd SCV, in great condition with a 300CX loader and a 73" HD bucket will go for between $23K and $24K.
Coffee not kicked in yet?:) He said they were both new and his quote is right in the range your talking slightly used.

/ JD 3520 vs Kubota L3800 #5  
One advantage Kubota has is they use Skid steer quick attach on the FEL which you can buy attachments for anywhere. John Deere uses their own quick attach and attachments are not as readily available. If I bought a JD I would convert it to SSQA. QUOTE]

I agree. To the best of my knowledge on a new JD, you can choose a SSQA system, and they will provide an aftermarket bucket designed for SSQA. Ask your dealer.
I don't feel that the SSQA system is any better, but it is more popular, which makes it easier to borrow or rent attachments.
The jerky hitch was enough to keep me from buying a L3800,:eek: but that is a personal thing. I do suggest that you spend some time on each tractor, and see how they fit.
Try using the Hydro, and power reverser. That's another personal thing. Frankly I like gear trans. best, but that's me. (Old dog, new tricks):D

Best, Bill

/ JD 3520 vs Kubota L3800 #6  
Major fail lol

/ JD 3520 vs Kubota L3800 #7  
Please be aware if the land you are going to work has a lot of slope to it that what you buy is stable ie wide enough to maintain stability while using it . The John Deere you are looking at at least in cab form was very unstable to me on 7 to12 percent grades

/ JD 3520 vs Kubota L3800 #8  
Test drive the dealers too. You may or may not have to use the service department.

/ JD 3520 vs Kubota L3800 #9  
Since your buying new, Go with the 300CX loader if get the JD. Lifts higher will handle more weight then the 300X.

/ JD 3520 vs Kubota L3800 #10  
Good point, I need a cup of coffee and my eyes checked too! This sounds like a good deal now that I have reread the original post.