Buying Advice MF GC2610 TLB or JD 1026R TLB

/ MF GC2610 TLB or JD 1026R TLB #1  

Green Guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 1026R TLB
So, as I continue to research tractors based on what I need now and in the future, I was originally counting out SCUTs, but want to take a look at them to see if they may suffice.

Between the MF GC / 1700 series and the JD 1025/26R, which would be the stronger of the two for loader and backhoe work? Looking at the specs, they are fairly close. I'd also like to mow with the tractor as well.

/ MF GC2610 TLB or JD 1026R TLB #2  
My advice is to head over to the dealers and test drive them :) I think the mower deck is easier to put on on the JD than on the MF-at least the 2600 series anyway. Not sure if they changed that on the 1700 series.

Unless I am mistaken, the JD can drive over the mower deck to mount it?

/ MF GC2610 TLB or JD 1026R TLB #3  
I had the mf gc 2400. I recomend the JD. I traded my MF GC 2400 the deere 1023e. The MF was very hard to start, even in warm weather you have use glow plugs. Below 50 mine would not start. After searching it seems that it is the nature of the MF. 22 degrees the other day and the JD fired right up. I also own a JD 4520 with backhoe and I can honestly say I have never had a problem with any of my Deere tractors. I have owned 2 MF and bothhad trouble. I like MF but take my advise and buy the deere and dont look back. When Deere says quick attach it is. No messing with wrenches. MF and others like to talk lower engine rpms but I would not worry about it. The little Yanmar engines are well built. Good luck.

/ MF GC2610 TLB or JD 1026R TLB
Good information, thank you!

/ MF GC2610 TLB or JD 1026R TLB #5  
I was also quick to discount the little SCUTs. Next thing I knew I found myself buying a 1026r to work around the house. My bigger tractor was just too much to use in the small (1/3 acre) garden behind the house, and I wanted something that would not tear up the grass immediately around the house. I went and looked at the 1026r not thinking I could convince myself to buy what I thought was a glorified lawnmower. It surprised me, but it is a very capable little tractor. I have not taken delivery of it, but I enjoyed driving it around the dealer's lot. I'm hoping (weather permitting) to get it this week. I can say that the mower deck is easy to drive on and off despite the concerns I had after reading some reviews on here. I'll most likely post something more after I have had it for a bit, but I will second the opinion of driving the both and forming your own opinion. I believe JD is still offering (through the end of April) 0% for 60 months on the 1025r and 1026r tractors if that helps in your decision.

/ MF GC2610 TLB or JD 1026R TLB #6  
Orange Man - what's wrong with your B2620 TLB that you're shopping for a SCUT?

/ MF GC2610 TLB or JD 1026R TLB #7  
I had the mf gc 2400. I recomend the JD. I traded my MF GC 2400 the deere 1023e. The MF was very hard to start, even in warm weather you have use glow plugs. Below 50 mine would not start. After searching it seems that it is the nature of the MF. 22 degrees the other day and the JD fired right up. I also own a JD 4520 with backhoe and I can honestly say I have never had a problem with any of my Deere tractors. I have owned 2 MF and bothhad trouble. I like MF but take my advise and buy the deere and dont look back. When Deere says quick attach it is. No messing with wrenches. MF and others like to talk lower engine rpms but I would not worry about it. The little Yanmar engines are well built. Good luck.

Without turning this into a brand war I disagree here. both my brother and I have MF tractors and both of us do not have issues like you say starting it in cold temperatures. He has a MF1540 and I have the GC2410 and we both live in Maine, he lives in the northern part of Maine where it gets to be 40 below. Neither of us had issues starting in cold weather and neither of us have issues starting in warm weather.

/ MF GC2610 TLB or JD 1026R TLB #8  
Just joined TBN and just ordered my 1026r TLB w/ 60" deck. Deere offering 0% for 72 months, you really cant beat that deal!

/ MF GC2610 TLB or JD 1026R TLB #9  
They have extended the 60 months to 72 months? You are the second person I have heard mention that, but I have not seen it anywhere from Deere yet. That is an amazing deal. I'm a green fan, but in all fairness I have never seen or heard of starting problems on the MF tractors either.

/ MF GC2610 TLB or JD 1026R TLB #10  
It may just be a Canadian offer, I have only seen the 60 month advertised from Deere, but called the dealer and was offered 72.