Buying Advice L3800 input, price check

/ L3800 input, price check #11  
Yeah i know i just wanted to show him an approx market value of a used l3800 read his post and i don't think it comes with a bh he noted it "had the ability to have one".
I have the same exact tractor and there is no way i could sell it for 22,500 used and its perfect.
That's what i paid new w/0 hrs with a rear remote and hd ssqa bucket w/cutting edge,rear light,loaded r4's +full warranty.
I'm just saying if i were to get a cab tractor i would want a factory cab tractor the first time around vs looking at them two years later after ive realized how much better they are in comfort and quality.

Ahh gotcha

/ L3800 input, price check
Thanks for all the input, folks. Just to be clear the 22,500 does NOT include the backhoe. I'd have to pick that up from the dealer in a separate deal.

I'm not too concerned about the cab- my folks farm down in Georgia so I'm fairly familiar with what a "real" cab looks like and was quite impressed with the dealer-installed Curtis cab on this L3800. Wasn't perfect but really nice. I'm used to sitting way up high without even a ROPS getting absolutely blasted in the face by snow shooting out of my 3pt snowblower when it is -20 out and blowing in all directions. It sucks. I just need something to block the snow, really.

This Kubota has kind of fallen in my lap, especially since the used market up here in NW Montana is sliiiiim. I'd rather have a grand L or better yet 5000 series John Deere but I flat out can't afford it. Driving the 3800 the other day I was quite impressed with the power it had and it's relatively small size makes it wonderfully maneuverable. Any other opinions out there?

/ L3800 input, price check #13  
Thanks for all the input, folks. Just to be clear the 22,500 does NOT include the backhoe. I'd have to pick that up from the dealer in a separate deal.

I'm not too concerned about the cab- my folks farm down in Georgia so I'm fairly familiar with what a "real" cab looks like and was quite impressed with the dealer-installed Curtis cab on this L3800. Wasn't perfect but really nice. I'm used to sitting way up high without even a ROPS getting absolutely blasted in the face by snow shooting out of my 3pt snowblower when it is -20 out and blowing in all directions. It sucks. I just need something to block the snow, really.

This Kubota has kind of fallen in my lap, especially since the used market up here in NW Montana is sliiiiim. I'd rather have a grand L or better yet 5000 series John Deere but I flat out can't afford it. Driving the 3800 the other day I was quite impressed with the power it had and it's relatively small size makes it wonderfully maneuverable. Any other opinions out there?

Is there a Kioti dealer near by?

Closest Kioti dealership is 4.5hrs away, although there is one closer....in Canada.

/ L3800 input, price check #15  
Isn't a aftermarket cab like $7k?

Does it have a/c? A/C is a must in a cab tractor.

Does not have A/C but the windows all open and you can disengage the heating unit and use it as a fan. Plus it looks pretty easy to take out the side panels entirely. Double plus, northwest Montana isn't quite the southeast as far as heat and humidity go. Triple plus, for old school farm work I'll probably keep using the ole John Deere and enjoy the sunshine.

/ L3800 input, price check #17  
Does not have A/C but the windows all open and you can disengage the heating unit and use it as a fan. Plus it looks pretty easy to take out the side panels entirely. Double plus, northwest Montana isn't quite the southeast as far as heat and humidity go. Triple plus, for old school farm work I'll probably keep using the ole John Deere and enjoy the sunshine.

I use the a/c sometimes when it is 40*. It gets warm in a tractor cab. If you take the door off and open the back/ side window it may not be bad.

I use the a/c sometimes when it is 40*. It gets warm in a tractor cab. If you take the door off and open the back/ side window it may not be bad.
Good food for thought, thank you.

/ L3800 input, price check #19  

I somewhat disagree. Yes it can get warm in there, but opening all the windows and having a small fan going is usually all it takes. My first aftermarket cab didn't have door shocks so I put some pipe insulation along the edge of the doors and bungy corded them together behind the cab. With them open and the rear window open, it was like an open station again.

I love the A/C in my current factory cab, but I fully expect it to quit working in a few years. I've never owned a car that didn't have A/C issues after about 5 years. That's usually the end of the car for me, but a tractors different, I'll either fix it or do without. With the cost of fixing A/C, I'll bet it's the later.

I'm not sure this is a great deal without the BH. The problem with aftermarket cabs is they don't really add any value to the tractor. They're kind of like swimming pools, very expensive, but don't add to the value of your house because not everybody wants one.

Without the BH, I'd take the advice to look at Kioti. They make the CK30 or CK35 that will have a ton more features than the L3800, it's heavier which is what you want for BH work and you can get a dealer installed cab that is make by Kioti specifically for the CK series. I started with a JD 955 with JDP cab than bought a CK30 with Kioti comfort cab and now have a Kioti DK45 with factory cab. The CK30 with Kioti cab is as close to factory as you're going to get and much better than the aftermarket cab in it's fit and finish, included features and noise level. It looks factory as well. Here's two pics of the CK30 beside the DK45 with factory cab (in the 10 minutes I had two tractors!)

P1017097.JPGP1017094.JPG

As far as the BH77 backhoe goes, does anyone have 1st-hand experience with them? I've checked all the specs and watched the youtube videos and whatnot but am still curious as to just how burly they actually are.

I live on the Rocky Mountain Front, basically on a glacial moraine. The ground is really, really rocky- ranging from pebbles up to boulders. The frost line is quite deep so all my water lines are buried between 6 and 8 ft down. The tractor is expensive enough but I don't want to plop down $8500 or so for the BH only to find it won't do much for me up here.

Thanks for the info on the Kioti line- they certainly look very nice.