Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    2011 Kubota L3800HST

Default Jealous!

I have to confess. I am a little jealous of the people I see on here lately getting new tractors. I guess I need to quit reading about it because it's driving me crazy. I want a new tractor so bad. Only problem is I can't afford it right now. Well, I can't afford the one I WANT. I could go and get one of the little lawnmowers they call a tractor, but I wouldn't be happy. So, here I am, trying to wait patiently until I can finish paying off a few more bills, just to end up with another bill. But, at least then I will be happily riding around enjoying the tractor that I WANTED, and paying a payment on something that I will get many many years of use out of.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: Jealous!

We bought used tractors until I was in my mid fifties before we got our first new one, my brothers still run 50+ year old machines and everything on up; still work pretty well.

Good luck and hang in there.

Tractor
    Kubota M7040, BX 2370, KX-41 Komatsu D21A-7 Yanmar C25R track carrier

I was 33 years old when I finally bought my first ATV, but all of my friends had them for years before I did. I bought my first tractor when I was 36. Like you said, I bought what I wanted, and didn't rush to just buy something I wasn't happy with. Although my needs changed and I traded in my first tractor for a bigger one, and traded that one for my current machine. I think I am done for a while! Good luck with your situation. I know it's hard to wait.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Thats the way it goes for most of us I'm afraid. pay off a couple and end up with another. Its all about priority at the moment after bills is paid off. I didnt even get my real tractor till almost 10 years later of moving to second house.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

hang in there youll get your new real tractor 1 day.we all have to start out slow.im the type of person that dont buy anything less i have to.since we run cattle ive had 3 wheelers an 4 wheelers for almost 35yrs.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200, Ford NAA, IH 454D, Case 1845C

I like new paint as much as anyone, but the fact is that probably 90% of the members on here are buying the new stuff on credit. Being in debt is not something I'm jealous of, so I'll just save up and buy used (occasionally new) as I need and not worry about what others have.
    Kubota B3200
    Ford NAA Jubilee
    International 454D
    Case 1845C skid steer
    JD 265

Tractor
    Ford 640

Why buy new? I prefer old with all the weak parts shaken off of them.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I worked many years raising 5 kids and housing my wife's mother and grandmother till they both passed away. Only when all the kids were out on their own did I have any money for anything other than essentials. You will be surprised at how much spare change you will have when you no longer support a house full of kids. In 2001 I took my first overseas assignment since 1982 and began making some real money for a change. I worked overseas till I retired at 61 years of age debt free with a hefty bank account and adequate 401K. It took some good marriage relations to stay with the last few jobs as they were all single status but the hardship was worth the effort. I was able to pay cash for my 11.29 acres of land build my 2308 sq. foot heated area house with 1200 sq feet of covered porches, my 30x52 shop and my 14x30 boat shop, buy all my tractors and mowers, pay off all my autos and put a good chunk of change in the bank in that 12 years. You just have to be money wise, take the opportunities when they come by, make some sacrifices and good things will come.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

looks like you have a 63 4000 I have one too.. love it. it's a work horse beast... that 172ci eng makes good mid 40's hp deffinately a good machine.

Quote Originally Posted by cletus99 View Post
    I have to confess. I am a little jealous of the people I see on here lately getting new tractors. I guess I need to quit reading about it because it's driving me crazy. I want a new tractor so bad. Only problem is I can't afford it right now. Well, I can't afford the one I WANT. I could go and get one of the little lawnmowers they call a tractor, but I wouldn't be happy. So, here I am, trying to wait patiently until I can finish paying off a few more bills, just to end up with another bill. But, at least then I will be happily riding around enjoying the tractor that I WANTED, and paying a payment on something that I will get many many years of use out of.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

[QUOTE=cletus99;3250602]I have to confess. I am a little jealous of the people I see on here lately getting new tractors. I guess I need to quit reading about it because it's driving me crazy. I want a new tractor so bad. Only problem is I can't afford it right now. Well, I can't afford the one I WANT. I could go and get one of the little lawnmowers they call a tractor, but I wouldn't be happy. So, here I am, trying to wait patiently until I can finish paying off a few more bills, just to end up with another bill. But, at least then I will be happily riding around enjoying the tractor that I WANTED, and paying a payment on something that I will get many many years of use out of.[/QUOTE)

Sounds like a case of "good judgement" hang in there, a new tractor is in your future. Save up a few bucks and get the right tractor for you. Being able to recognize your own strengths and weaknesses can make a difference, you will go far.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast