Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Re: Bought a SCUT but need more power

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    If you are interested in those, I have a set of the original Carter brand ones I would let go cheaper than that. I don't need them any more when I went to the Kioti. Those on E-Bay are a knock off of the Carter quick hitch. Except on the Carters the top pin go thru both ears. PM me if you are interested

Welcome to CARTER AND SON'S TOOL AND DIE

James K0UA
    Acually, the ones I posted are marketed by Carter and Son's. If you scroll down on the E-bay page, their company name is there.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    Acually, the ones I posted are marketed by Carter and Son's. If you scroll down on the E-bay page, their company name is there.
    That will teach me to scroll down a bit. There have been so many knock off's of them on e-bay I just assumed those were another. Shows you what assuming will get you. Looks like they have changed their pin configuration and lowered the price too.. I paid $89 for mine..

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    That will teach me to scroll down a bit. There have been so many knock off's of them on e-bay I just assumed those were another. Shows you what assuming will get you. Looks like they have changed their pin configuration and lowered the price too.. I paid $89 for mine..

James K0UA
    Yes, they did a design change on the Cat 1, to my understanding. But the cat 2's still have the thru pin.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

another idea.

sometimes the best 1 size fits all tractor is really 2 tractors.

perhaps a newer scut with bells and whistles. and an older high hp , larger ( cheap ) machines from yesteryear for the brute tasks.

many tiems you can get large ag / farm tractors for pennies ont he dollar. and then use them when needed then park when not in use. and have your cake and eat it too.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    GC2600

I've thought of going the 2 tractor route but I don't think wife would go for that and I already have an old 82 chevy sitting on the property not doing anything. K0ua, thanks for that suggestion. I have been meaning to get some quick hitch... do these work the same way/ are they as easy as Pat's?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    GC2600

sound guy... you got me thinking... I could get rid of GC, get an older high HP like you suggested and then get my lawn tractor. I have no idea on the older tractors... do you have any suggestions? would prefer 4wd since it'll be for ground engaging.. leveling, clearing, etc. Since the older tractors are heavier, would I still need 4wd?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    GC2600

thanks Greenwannabe, I will check TAC out again. I did briefly talk with them but that was before I realized I needed a CUT.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by JMER View Post
    I've thought of going the 2 tractor route but I don't think wife would go for that and I already have an old 82 chevy sitting on the property not doing anything. K0ua, thanks for that suggestion. I have been meaning to get some quick hitch... do these work the same way/ are they as easy as Pat's?
    Like everything else in life, there are plus's and Minus's.. They are not the same as Pats. They do not automatically snap in place when raised from below the pins. You must get off and put in retainer pins to lock the Carters (and all knock off's) in place. However, you have to get off to hook of the top link anyway with either the Pats or the Carters. The Carters sit on top of your link arms not behind your link arms.. So therefore they do not extend the length of the arms, possibly causing you to need a longer PTO shaft on PTO powered implements. Since they are on top of the arms, then your implement will be slighty higher when the arm is raised. But it also means the implement will not go quite as low. I never found this to be a problem, but it is something you need to think about. I don't use any of them any more, as I have telescoping lower links and sway bars. and hookups are pretty easy with the factory supplied equipment now. With none of the disadvantages of either system. But if you don't have telescoping lower link arms and sway bars, then either system can be a helpful aid to getting hooked up much quicker, and with a lot less grunting and groaning, and levering implements around. I have never had one of the full frame QH that includes the hook for the top link, and I understand that all of your implements must be compatible, or made compatible. But there are many proponents of them on this forum.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    GC2600

Thanks, very informative... sounds like I'll be best served to see if my replacement tractor will have the telescopic lower links. I know my 4' box blade about kills me trying to wrestle it onto my GC2600.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by JMER View Post
    Thanks, very informative... sounds like I'll be best served to see if my replacement tractor will have the telescopic lower links. I know my 4' box blade about kills me trying to wrestle it onto my GC2600.
    And the bigger and heavier the implements the worse it gets. One thing to keep in mind is always try to park your implements on level ground. It makes it easier if you are not fighting gravity on a slope. A Hydrostatic transmission make it slightly easier to get backed up precisely to the implement.
    James KUA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast