Cabs on John Deere vs Cabs on Kubota

/ Cabs on John Deere vs Cabs on Kubota #1  

paulg1968

I am going to be purchasing a cabbed tractor and have been looking and researching the two. I am looking at L4740HSTC vs John Deere 4320. There is a video out there (by Deere) that shows the cabs are not fully sealed by Kubota. They spray a smoke fogger around the two tractors and the Kubota fills with smoke. I am in very dusty sand area and dust to any great extent would defeat part of the purpose of the cab. I have also read the air conditioning is not adequate on the Deere and the filtration is a problem with brush hogging due to the location of the air intake on both models. I have driven both models and the ergonomics are fine for me on either tractor. I mainly concerned about which one will be best sealed for dusty conditions as we will be using a sweeper quite often.

Thanks

/ Cabs on John Deere vs Cabs on Kubota #2  
If the AC generates a positive pressure in the cab small opening should not be a problem. To get positive pressure the AC must bring in some outside air and cool it.

/ Cabs on John Deere vs Cabs on Kubota #3  
Having owned both brands with cabs could not tell the difference between the two both cooled and heated well with minimal dust. One thing I do notice as a difference is the Kubota can require more effort to close the door when all glass and other door is closed indicating an air type cab. Did not notice this on JD. Also you have side windows as well as rear you can open on Kubota but not on JD

/ Cabs on John Deere vs Cabs on Kubota #4  
Like Buppies said the doors close hard because it is air tight. Sometimes I open the side window to keep from slamming the door. I noticed on the John Deere 4000 series you can't open the back glass if you have a SMV sign or at least it looks that way. The A/C works good in the Kubota cab and the heat does what little I use it. Did the dealer demonstrate the HST+ on the Kubota?

/ Cabs on John Deere vs Cabs on Kubota #5  
Like Buppies said the doors close hard because it is air tight. Sometimes I open the side window to keep from slamming the door. I noticed on the John Deere 4000 series you can't open the back glass if you have a SMV sign or at least it looks that way. The A/C works good in the Kubota cab and the heat does what little I use it. Did the dealer demonstrate the HST+ on the Kubota?

The sign is connected to the hardware mounted to the glass. The cab for the 4000 series is the same exact cab on the 3000. So when you open the back window, it opens with it. Also, I found that there are several little areas where there is small gabs with the back glass and the door. However, it is so small that when you have the in cab ventilation on it is pressurized to the point where no dust can get in. it blows out ward. So take that into count when you think about Kubota. If you have a cab, your gonna have a decent amount of air blowing air out any gaps. So whatever machine you choose, rest assured you will be fine

/ Cabs on John Deere vs Cabs on Kubota #6  
Paulg,
Both cabs are good with no dust issues. While rototilling with my 4520 cab yesterday the dust was so thick I had to pause before backing up so I could see. Yet no dust in the cab that I could see.

About the air intake location, I don't think there is a good place to have it, often the tractor is completely surrounded by dust, no way to avoid that. The highest position on the tractor would be best in my view Have to say the cabin filter works well enough, traps alot of dust and as long as I clean it often it will last for two or three years.