Anybody here ever use U-ship???

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #11  
Several years ago I used uShip to ship an IH "Little Genius" 2-14 plow from central Illinois to my place in northern CA. A hauler based in Phoenix won the bid ($500). He makes a regular run between Chicago and CA. Had a GM 3500 dually with extended range tank and a 30-ft gooseneck flatbed trailer. Took about 2 weeks for him to pick up three loads and unload (I was the last one off). Cash deal. No muss, no fuss. Tipped him 20%.

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #12  
After watching shipping wars on TV I wouldn't want any of them guys shipping my stuff (except for Jennifer, she's hot). The show must be rigged because I can't believe U-ship would allow the TV stars to really haul the way they do. Most loads on the TV show are not secured properly.
I'm sure there are plenty of other competent haulers that haul for U-ship.

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #13  
Dont know where you are in northern Michigan. I am in the Upper Peninsula. Two or three years ago, I purchased a utility vehicle at an auction in Georgia. Read great things about Uship before making the purchase. Placed the utility vehicle on Uship and was flexible with pickup and delivery. Received interest from only one shipper who would only go as far north as Lansing. Wanted me to pickup in Lansing. From what he wanted to charge me, I decided on a roadtrip to Atlanta and chaulk this up as a learning experience. Uship probably works well with competitive pricing if you are on or near a heavily traveled route.

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship???
Dont know where you are in northern Michigan. I am in the Upper Peninsula. Two or three years ago, I purchased a utility vehicle at an auction in Georgia. Read great things about Uship before making the purchase. Placed the utility vehicle on Uship and was flexible with pickup and delivery. Received interest from only one shipper who would only go as far north as Lansing. Wanted me to pickup in Lansing. From what he wanted to charge me, I decided on a roadtrip to Atlanta and chaulk this up as a learning experience. Uship probably works well with competitive pricing if you are on or near a heavily traveled route.

Thanks for the input Rayrla, I live in the TC area and I had a similar experience with a shipper but it wasn't Uship. Years ago when I built my log home the company from Tn had a log package that came out of Montana. The logs were finally received a month late. The company kept giving me the go around. Fortunately my local credit union was the lender and on top of it. They called the mill, Mill said the log package has been ready for 3 weeks but no schedule for pick-up. To make a long story short they were delaying to try and add another load to the shipment. My lender ended up holding payment until the logs were on site. Had them within 6 days after that.

Thats kind of a concern I had with Uship. Do you have to have the item paid for to get a quote and can you keep reposting the item if you only get one bit and it is outrageous. This troll hopes to someday join you up there in Yooper land. The mitten is starting to get too crowded for my liking.

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #15  
Thanks for the input Rayrla, I live in the TC area and I had a similar experience with a shipper but it wasn't Uship. Years ago when I built my log home the company from Tn had a log package that came out of Montana. The logs were finally received a month late. The company kept giving me the go around. Fortunately my local credit union was the lender and on top of it. They called the mill, Mill said the log package has been ready for 3 weeks but no schedule for pick-up. To make a long story short they were delaying to try and add another load to the shipment. My lender ended up holding payment until the logs were on site. Had them within 6 days after that.

Thats kind of a concern I had with Uship. Do you have to have the item paid for to get a quote and can you keep reposting the item if you only get one bit and it is outrageous. This troll hopes to someday join you up there in Yooper land. The mitten is starting to get too crowded for my liking.

The auction company that I bought the UTV from had an arrangement with Uship whereas you could click on the Uship button on their website and get a shipping estimate before buying. The estimate compared miles to be transported and weight of item versus previous shipments handled by Uship. The bid that I did receive exceeded the estimate by about 25%. Dont remember how long the request for bid was posted on Uship, but was for at least 2 weeks. My understanding was that the request for bid was out there for shippers until I accepted a bid, or canceled. Hope this helps.
Yes, that's what great about the UP. Very sparsely populated. But... winters tend to be too long!

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #16  
I bought a 2 row corn planter from North Dakota, the seller went to a freight company and their quote was $800,
I went thru freight quote its like priceline and the same freight company delivered it to the terminal in south bend IN
For $210.00

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #17  
Hey Super 55. I live south of you down by Manistee, I'm as well in the market for a tractor whether its new or used. Ive been looking at MF 1533 or 1540 but unable to find a dealer who's willing to deal. As you have mentioned you've been able to find better pricing in other states and I have been considering other dealers out of state but I have reluctant for the same reason as you. So keep us informed on your future purchase please. If your interested in emailing let me know.

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #18  
Maybe if you both find a dealer you both like, and buy about the same time, you can get a better freight deal by combining your shipmments?

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #19  
Just got a backhoe subframe delivered from Fairfield,Me to Hagerstown,Md Bid was $145 In the beginning paperwork was a bit confusing but after 1 week I got that part right.Then
LTL co picked up load promptly and it was in Md in 3 days.Then freight terminal calls and asked for 1100 or so freight.Took my wife 3 days to get that straightened out;load was shipped prepaid. Went and picked load up tonite,Terminal guys were great.Yes I would use them again because inb spite of everything I cant run to me and back for $145
L

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #20  
I also have used U-Ship they are very reliable, and fast and you would have a hard time beating their prices.

wwmw