Anybody here ever use U-ship???

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #1  

super55

Platinum Member
Tractor
Oliver Super55, John Deere 4310, John Deere 4400, Kubota L2500 (had),
I am constantly searching fastline and tractorhouse looking for deals on used tractors. I have come to the conclusion that other states can beat prices locally by a long shot. Some are even selling packages with tractor, mower, box, loader, box blade and trailer. All one would have to do is hook up and drive off the lot. The thing is a lot of these "great deals" are 4-5 states away. After seeing that show on Discovery Shipping Wars and seeing how Uship works it got me thinking about buying out of state and having one shipped by a trucking co. Figure the money saved on sales tax would probably come close to cover shipping expenses.

If anyone has used them I would love to hear your experiences.

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #2  
While waiting for responses, you could read over some of the previous discussions about U-Ship. Using Google, type in u-ship site:tractorbynet.com.

Some have used the hauling ads at Hauling Ads - Yesterday's Tractor Co. to their advantage.

I don't know about Michigan, but some states expect you to self-report and pay sales taxes on out-of-state purchases.

Good luck.

Steve

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #3  
I've used u-ship several times with great success. And I usually get extremely fast service. Bought a car in Texas one morning from eBay. By noon the seller had their money and I found a a guy on u-ship coming this way. By the next night I had my car and it only cost $350. Don't think I could have flown out there and driven back for that.

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #4  
I have used uShip with success. I even had a post about them on this forum last year. I had 3000# of front end loader brought to me from Iowa to North Florida for $500. I was well pleased, even though they had to take it off the pallet and lay it down to get it into their covered trailer. I think you will get good service from them. Their drivers guard their reputations as they get rated as to how they perform and get other loads by their reputations. Good luck. RpSr

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #5  
Am in the process of using U-Ship right now.I'll say more after my load arrives

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship???
I am glad to hear people have had such good success with it. I went and looked on there site and played around a little bit because it said free quotes. Looks like it's a little work but not overbearing. How does payment work on this? Cash P.O.D, credit card, paypal??

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #7  
I paid uShip with a credit card. They pay the driver. There was a $12 fee for their services. They post your load on their "board". Anyone going in your direction with extra room will send you a bid. You except or decline. I declined a couple of bids before one came that I accepted. (After I accepted, a lower bid came, but I stuck with the original). You pay to have it delivered and they will give you a code to give the driver only after you are satisfied with the delivery. My driver delivered my load to a local business while I was fishing in the Gulf of Mexico...when I saw it was ok, than I called him on the cell phone with the code. It worked great. Good luck. RpSr

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #8  
I will add that I bought a tractor in Atlanta GA, only 340 miles from here and had to pay the dealer more to deliver it than I paid uShip to bring my freight from Iowa...

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship???
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. I had found some really good deals online with craigslists for items I probably didn't need but wanted anyways but ended up passing on them because I had no idea how I was going to get them back home. Missing work and a round trip to a place several states away would totally eat up any savings that might have happened let alone the time involved. I also like the idea of being able to do the money transaction via credit card instead of a debit or money transfer. Just much safer when doing financial transactions on the net.

/ Anybody here ever use U-ship??? #10  
I agree, I am now starting to look at things across the country because there is a convenient way to ship.