what is next after the JD 2520

/ what is next after the JD 2520 #1  

Steven1980

Tractor
89 Simplicity , 05 Cub Cadet
i went to go buy a JD 2520 TBL the other day but they didnt have one on hand. sounds like the are discontinuing it .

*What is gonna be the next generation of that tractor?*

For the TBL with power beyond and install charges after all said and done i was quoted $23,900

the 2320 looks good but id rather have the 2520 for all the misc things im gonna be doing with is and the 2720 is just to large .
i plan on working on my 5 acre farmette and then also help on other friends farms making alil side $$ with it and here in Northern IL its really hilly .

i work in the factory that makes 90% of all JD sticker/decals and ya think i'd get a discount of some sort, NOPE!
thats why i am only buying JD for those who are gonna ask. JD pays my bills buy buying from the company i work for.

/ what is next after the JD 2520 #2  
from what I was told when I purchased my 3520, the same thing is about to happen soon on the 3000 series. Only information I got was that they were just changing over the engines to comply with the new emission standards. Other than that, there is no info out. So I expect with the 2x20 and 3x20, their will just be emissions changes, a few cosmetic changes to the hoods and a new model name such as 2R and 3r series. All in all, most likely the same tractor but who knows. John deere hasn't put anything out to anyone that I know of

/ what is next after the JD 2520 #3  
Steven :welcome:
Don't know what the changes will be yet but expect the Tier 4 engine changes to affect cost for anything over 25 hp.
If it were me I would look around for any 2520 or 2720 that is still available. I would prefer the 2720 as having the extra power would be a plus for pto work and climbing up hills, probably less money than the new replacement for the 2520. Both tractors are the same size I should add but the 2720 weighs about 100 lbs more. I suspect you can get 15 to 18% off the msrp price on either tractor you find. Most of us here are expecting the new emissions to raise the tractor price by a few thousand dollars, I would buy now and save the money.

I got a price of $18,600 if my memory is correct for a new 2720 with power beyond and the 200CX fel in Febuary. I may have had more options included but just can't remember that now.

/ what is next after the JD 2520
yeah i wanna buy now . but i think i might be a sliver to late .

/ what is next after the JD 2520 #5  
I decided to wait to purchase. I was working on a 2520, but the cost was a little much (IMO). I was planning to buy in 12-18 months, but thought about pulling my purchase ahead to save some coin by not getting the Tier IV engines, but the $14,100 trade in price was more than I was willing to pay to pull the purchase ahead. The extra finance charge over waiting a year or so will probably cover the extra cost of the new tractors. Plus, I'm hoping the 2x20 series replacement will get the AutoConnect decks.

/ what is next after the JD 2520 #6  
   / what is next after the JD 2520 #7  
Hi-I just bought a 2520 and if you go that route, get the "tooless" change over kit. It allows 2520 and 2720 mmm operation and front quicktatch without having to take off the mmm support bracket. It is a $125 part. I have not had a chnce to truely test it out yet, but the engine purrs something sweet!