John deere 60 or farmall m

/ John deere 60 or farmall m #1  

65commander

Tractor
1965 ford commander 6000 diesel, john deere 60, john deere 40
Whats the real difference?

/ John deere 60 or farmall m #2  
Not much difference imo between them, the 60 had more power than the early M. IH fixed that with the Super M which was increased in power close to 50 hp IIRC. Both were good tractors with good drawbar abilities, slow by todays standards, not much in the way of hydraulics on either one. While I like green tractors I remember that the red one was a lot faster in road gear.:)

/ John deere 60 or farmall m #3  
My M was an early model with no shock absorber understander the seat. It was a rough ride.

/ John deere 60 or farmall m #4  
For many it is easier to drive the foot petal clutch tractors then a hand clutch. Many of them are just collectors items at this point and probably a good thing with all the open flywheels for people to get hurt with.

/ John deere 60 or farmall m #5  
Great old tractors, and there are still plenty of them working today, although I wouldn't want to be using my old M for much these days. Both it and I are too old and cantankerous, so we probably wouldn't get along very well doing serious work. Remember these big old gassers were designed back when gasoline was 30 cents a gallon and nobody paid much attention to filling the 20 gallon tank twice a day. But getting on it sure brings back the memories and what a kick to use for a hayride!