Price Check M7040 or 5083E

/ M7040 or 5083E
In the 2012 brochure the smaller 5 series are all open station, untill you get to the 5083E limited. Only the 5083E, 5093E, and 50101E, are listed as Cab.

Bill

Yep, that's how I ended up where I am. I'm going to go for a second test drive of both tomorrow. I'm going to press the Deere salesmen harder about information on the 2013 5075E cab which isn't out yet. Of course, that would be Tier 4.

/ M7040 or 5083E #22  
Yep, that's how I ended up where I am. I'm going to go for a second test drive of both tomorrow. I'm going to press the Deere salesmen harder about information on the 2013 5075E cab which isn't out yet. Of course, that would be Tier 4.

Nope... the new E's with cabs and Powerreverser transmissions (wet clutch) will be available in August. Cabs available on the 55, 65, 75, 83, 93, 101hp models.

Whenever I work through the process of buying a tractor - I sift through the details. Hydraulic options and capability. Transmission type and number of speeds and clutch type. Direct injected or indirect; wet sleeve or cylinder in block. 3pt lift capacity. Loader specs. And of course, the overall dimensions of the machine. Length, height, wheelbase and weight.

That info is the basis of whether one tractor versus the other is more likely to 1.) best fit the places where it will be used and 2.) do the work and do it over the long term.

Then, I try to throw in the other ingredients to the mix: dealer performance and relationship, warranty, price and financing.

Up here - I have just 3 choices. Deere, Kubota and NH. So, if most everything is on a par - it's dealer support. Part's and experienced repair people. Tractor brand is hardly on the radar..

AKfish

/ M7040 or 5083E
Not in so many words I believe I'm evaluating these in the same way. But still i have to find a $ figure i can live with.

Just drove 5083e again. Man its big! I know this is rare on this forum, but probably too big fr my intentions. Salesman from earlier this week was out on a delivery so ill go back this afternoon and see about a fair price. I like the Deeres they have but I probably need a 5075e size instead. August is a ways off and I'm not sure about price/tier4.

Going to go back to kubota after lunch for another look at m7040.

/ M7040 or 5083E #24  
I didn't think you could get tha buddy seat in the 5083 did they change that? That's one thing wish kubota had for an option,I almost bought the NH powerstar 4.75 just cause it had a buddy seat.

/ M7040 or 5083E #25  
Not in so many words I believe I'm evaluating these in the same way. But still i have to find a $ figure i can live with.

Just drove 5083e again. Man its big! I know this is rare on this forum, but probably too big fr my intentions. Salesman from earlier this week was out on a delivery so ill go back this afternoon and see about a fair price. I like the Deeres they have but I probably need a 5075e size instead. August is a ways off and I'm not sure about price/tier4. Going to go back to kubota after lunch for another look at m7040.

Just took a quick look at the specs. The 7040 looks to be about 10" shorter OAL, but the WB was less than 2 in longer on the 5083. If you can, measure the OAL with a loader on each of them. I think Kubota loaders tend to stick out a little farther than JD. At least that's the way they appear to me. They may be close.
They all shrink with age you know.

:laughing:

/ M7040 or 5083E #26  
I didn't think you could get tha buddy seat in the 5083 did they change that? That's one thing wish kubota had for an option,I almost bought the NH powerstar 4.75 just cause it had a buddy seat.

I almost bought a NH for the same reason! Went with an LS and much to my surprise it showed a picture of a buddy seat in the manual. Talked with the LS dealer, he found the seat in his parts book and when he called the factory they said they weren't importing them. I can see/feel the four blind nuts where it mounts and I'm betting the NH seat will fit.

/ M7040 or 5083E #27  
I almost bought a NH for the same reason! Went with an LS and much to my surprise it showed a picture of a buddy seat in the manual. Talked with the LS dealer, he found the seat in his parts book and when he called the factory they said they weren't importing them. I can see/feel the four blind nuts where it mounts and I'm betting the NH seat will fit.
Yeah I been going to build a bracket myself and add a seat but that's something I won't to take my time so will have to wait. As of right now my son sets in one of those tripod stools,I use for hunting.

/ M7040 or 5083E #28  

Just drove 5083e again. Man its big! I know this is rare on this forum, but probably too big fr my intentions. Salesman from earlier this week was out on a delivery so ill go back this afternoon and see about a fair price. I like the Deeres they have but I probably need a 5075e size instead. August is a ways off and I'm not sure about price/tier4.

Going to go back to kubota after lunch for another look at m7040.

There is also a saying on here, "Sometimes bigger isn't better, sometimes bigger is just bigger." I love the 6000 Series John Deere and MX135 Kubota, but even on our fairly big acreage, they are just too big for my needs, my wife and I looked at one today just browsing.

/ M7040 or 5083E #29  
There is also a saying on here, "Sometimes bigger isn't better, sometimes bigger is just bigger." I love the 6000 Series John Deere and MX135 Kubota, but even on our fairly big acreage, they are just too big for my needs, my wife and I looked at one today just browsing.

Now if they came with turf tires, and MMM, you could use them to keep the lawn trimmed.

/ M7040 or 5083E #30  
It's all part of the process. Take your time and you'll do fine. You may want to even look into the 8540 and see if you can try the 12/12 transmission.