Price Check M7040 or 5083E

/ M7040 or 5083E
No bad mouthing with either dealer. A good experience all around. I agree it's a biased video but it did have some good points and footage of interiors. Anyway…

Well I pulled the trigger this morning on the 5083e cab and 553 loader! I deleted the radio and block heater and added the rear wiper and buddy seat. I decided to stay with the JD global attach. 2 rear remotes. Fluid filled tires. They came off a couple on their price and came up a bit on the trade so in all I'm happy. Very reasonable to work with. The paperwork is signed but it will be Monday morning for everything to be finalized.

Thanks again for everyone's help/opinions. Ill post to a new thread pics when I take delivery. Now I need to start looking for a used cutter…

/ M7040 or 5083E #42  
Very exciting. Please post photos when the time comes. You will be thrilled with that tractor.

/ M7040 or 5083E #43  
No bad mouthing with either dealer. A good experience all around. I agree it's a biased video but it did have some good points and footage of interiors. Anyway…

Well I pulled the trigger this morning on the 5083e cab and 553 loader! I deleted the radio and block heater and added the rear wiper and buddy seat. I decided to stay with the JD global attach. 2 rear remotes. Fluid filled tires. They came off a couple on their price and came up a bit on the trade so in all I'm happy. Very reasonable to work with. The paperwork is signed but it will be Monday morning for everything to be finalized.

Thanks again for everyone's help/opinions. Ill post to a new thread pics when I take delivery. Now I need to start looking for a used cutter…

Congrats!!! Any idea what size cutter going to go with? What will you be cutting,cause I have a 8ft pull-type but even with 64pto HP I just think its to small...

/ M7040 or 5083E #44  
Nice purchase!

Congrats!!! Any idea what size cutter going to go with? What will you be cutting,cause I have a 8ft pull-type but even with 64pto HP I just think its to small...

When you say too small, do you mean the cutter or tractor? I'm looking at cutters also.

/ M7040 or 5083E #45  
Congratulations on your new tractor.:thumbsup:

/ M7040 or 5083E #46  
Nice purchase!

When you say too small, do you mean the cutter or tractor? I'm looking at cutters also.
Sorry the cutter is...

/ M7040 or 5083E
Nice purchase!

Yeah do you mean the cutter is too small? I'm thinking an 8 ft semi or 3pt for now. I would call it medium mowing and light brush. Nothing over 1.5 inches. Then once I have my land tamed I would go up to a 12 -15 foot pull type. At least that's the plan.

/ M7040 or 5083E #49  
I think you replied while I was writing. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah we must have been typing at same time. If your going 3pt 8ft may be best,cause weight,,mine is pull-type. If you was to get batwing first you can always move over and cut with half until you get it tamed

/ M7040 or 5083E #50  
We used and still have a Woods 121 10' 3PH on a Case CX80 for years and it worked fine. When we went with a heavier duty DS1260, we had to go to a pull type.