Price Check M7040 or 5083E

/ M7040 or 5083E #72  
You could go with liquid ballast. Consider Rim Guard if your dealer carries it. It's about 11 lbs/gallon and is normally about $0.30/lb +/-. It is totally safe for animals if you get a leak, does not freeze easily and won't rust your rims like calcium chloride. And in theory you can pump it out and into another tire if needed, so it is somewhat reusable. Steel prices are so high right now, so it is not a good time to buy weights.

Sounds like you bought an awesome tractor, enjoy!

/ M7040 or 5083E #73  
Well $107 sounds alot better to me for wheel weights, but I gotta buy 10 of them to get that price! I already have the rears loaded with beet juice. I could not even think about using the loader without that done! I have to have my homemade counter weight on if I wanna do any serious loader work.

/ M7040 or 5083E #74  
For years I tried to save money and tried all sorts of plan "B" options regarding weights. All worked but none worked well.
So one day I decided to suck it up and I just went out and bought the weights. Some I had to buy new and some I found used but it was one of the better decesions I have ever done. I can take them off if i want or leave them on if the situation warrants. I just wrote the check and forgot about it.

There are things in life we just have to pay for and not look back and for me weights were in that category.

/ M7040 or 5083E #75  
For years I tried to save money and tried all sorts of plan "B" options regarding weights. All worked but none worked well.
So one day I decided to suck it up and I just went out and bought the weights. Some I had to buy new and some I found used but it was one of the better decesions I have ever done. I can take them off if i want or leave them on if the situation warrants. I just wrote the check and forgot about it.

There are things in life we just have to pay for and not look back and for me weights were in that category.
I hear that always something won't or need,I found that I opened up just a farm account and put so much into it during the year and its a lot easier to spend what's in it on equipment,supplies,parts,etc cause that what it is in there for. And the wife's not watching it:D