Auction this Saturday!!! What should I pay?...if anything

/ Auction this Saturday!!! What should I pay?...if anything #1  

BeattyRoad

Tractor
Kubota B8200
I would love your opinion. I desperately need a little utility tractor. I bought 7 acres and can't manage it with my Cub Cadet LT1042 riding mower. An auction is coming up this weekend and a New Holland 1630 Hydro 4WD w/loader, 640hrs, is on the block. How much do you think this will go for? I don't want to waste my time. My cash on hand is about $3500.

Here's the auction link to the tractor Items For Sale At Auction - Spring Consignment Auction in Forest Hill, MD It's the first picture.

/ Auction this Saturday!!! What should I pay?...if anything #2  
unless there are no bidders.. it will go for 6-8ish.. or would if the last auction i went to is any indication. mind you.. regional difference play a huge role in pricing.

local market saturation and demand and availability do as well.

auction day it's raining and cold.. and 10% of the normal people there.. you might get a deal..e tc.

your $ on hand is on par with a 39-64 era ford tractor... good+ condition with no loader.. average with loader.... older N series units 39-52.. probably save you a few bucks.. but I'd go 55-64, and gasser... *6* models give you live pto...

good luck.. we are all counting on you.. no pressure. :)

/ Auction this Saturday!!! What should I pay?...if anything #3  
Looking at the list on that sale. You may get lucky and pull it off, and get it fairly cheaper, than if it were an all out equipment sale. Might be worth going. Might not. It's all a gamble.

/ Auction this Saturday!!! What should I pay?...if anything #4  
I buy a lot of stuff at a auction,, If I am looking to buy a tractor then I go to a farm auction.. because they will have a lot of tractors.. not just one,, this looks like a little bit of a lot of things.. which mean a lot of people will be there.. bidding to be seen.. myself I wouldn't go.. but you know if no one shows up to bid on that tractor,, then the auctioneer will bid on it.. he knows a good buy also,, better than most.. Lou

/ Auction this Saturday!!! What should I pay?...if anything #5  
Looking at the list the tractor U want is about the only item in its class so you could well get lucky but guess a bit higher than your wished price.
Ming U if condition is good, don't lose it for mere few $s.
For sure there wont be hoards of tractor buyers there but more like home owner types wanting riding mowers.
Pray for rain or snow. LOL
Good luck and keep us posted.

/ Auction this Saturday!!! What should I pay?...if anything #6  
My local auction guy told me that if the weather is bad, he has a great crowd at this time of year. If the weather is good, everybody wants to be doing yard work or going out to play after the long winter, and the crowds are slim. I'd hope for very good weather!

/ Auction this Saturday!!! What should I pay?...if anything #7  
Consignment is the key word here ... most owners/sellers belive because its theirs its worth more. If it doesn't reach the price the seller is expecting he can and probably will "no-sale" it.

/ Auction this Saturday!!! What should I pay?...if anything
Just an update on the New Holland. I didn't make it to the auction but I just spoke with the auctioneer and the New Holland 1630 Hydro 4WD w/loader, 640hrs went for $10,500. Wow! I'm out of my league. I'll keep dreaming.

/ Auction this Saturday!!! What should I pay?...if anything #10  
The cheapest one listed on Tractor house was over 10 k. It sold cheap enough.