Buying Advice Don't need but want - but do not know what I want :P

/ Don't need but want - but do not know what I want :P #21  
1000 lbs on the pallet forks for a 2520 is right at the limit (getting lighter weight forks helps), but 2000 lbs is a no-go.

/ Don't need but want - but do not know what I want :P
Hello all - Update on my massive confusion. Back to thinking I want the Backhoe :p Went to Kubota and Tried the BX25B, 2920 and 3240. The L3200 and L3800 has no mid PTO so no front mount snow blower option. They have a B3200 coming in this week so I may go back next weekend to check that out. O Yeah I LOVED the B26 but WAY out of my price and also no PTO (Would have sacrificed for that one if it was 10K less)

Went to JD and checked out the 1026R and 3520 (no 2520 in stock. They are going to let me know when they get one in)

Was VERY impressed with 1026R even though it falls short of my lifting wish, but for the price and possibility of adding a mmm and bagger is intriguing. JD Sales guy was awesome and started with his best price (about 15% off suggested price)

Now I really need to figure out what I want. Leaning toward the 1026R or 2520 if it is as comfortable as the 1026R. The BX25D seat really turned me off. Just wasn't comfortable. The 2920 and 3240 really nice.

So like many suggested I went and tried some out and now I need to do some internal debating. I will be back with more questions and / or pics of what I buy.

Think the 1 - 2 K lifting capacity is a nice to have.

/ Don't need but want - but do not know what I want :P #23  
im just going to say this in my exp john deere is just a name today there prouduct is not held to a high standard and the smaller tractors dont have jd motors yanmar and kaw kubotas are proven bullet proof engen and driveline the jd has plastic hood and fenders and that yanmar deisel used to be in the cub and now there not selling parts for older cub tractors anymore is this where you want to be in a few years ive been around tractors and farms for 30 plus years john deere has almost a cult following i have run all of them and it still kills me how a jd man can defend them i have personly seen this first hand i have a freind that has a 700 acre farm and rents close to 1000 more for planting he has 3 tractors all 70s models ih jd mf and the ih and mf run circles around the jd that is almost allways broke down but if you ask him he will tell you the john deere is the best tractor he has ever owned and dont ask me why people are like that i say this if i were you i would look at other brands if you dont like the kubota i bought mine for the long term i will never wearout this tractor in my lifetime as for size im 6'3 270 and i have no complant with my bx 2360 same as bx 25 without back hoe i could tell you jd storys all day but im not going to if you have any questions just ask

/ Don't need but want - but do not know what I want :P #24  
Just a suggestion...
Why not buy a good used older Case 580 backhoe for 10K to 12K?
I have an older IH 3616 my dad used and it is old and needs attention but I have virtually nothing in it...
It has a whole lot more capacity than a small CUT with backhoe...
Just a thought...

/ Don't need but want - but do not know what I want :P #25  
Bundi, we are neighbors, I'm in Foster RI. I'm not going to confuse you with more info on what to buy as you already have much to digest in this one thread alone. Only thing I say to you is that the Kubota dealer (Norfolk Power Equipment) that you went to is an awesome dealer. Once you buy from them, they don't forget you bought from them. That's not to say that the Mahindra or JD dealers you visited are any less reputable.

You're on the right track, try everything and purchase the tractor and dealer that feels right.... but I'd rather have an orange than a green apple :cool2:

/ Don't need but want - but do not know what I want :P #26  
Bundi,

Just checked CL in Rhode Island and there are some nice TLB's for sale - One B26 2010 for $25500 and other B3030 with BH for $19K range. Buying low hour used can save you a lot of $$ and leave $ for other implements as well.

Personally, I like having a BH with all the rocks, and as you mentioned cutting up logs, they are a great tool to have.

The only thing I would caution you on is the MMM - you might be better off with a dedicated mower - or upgrade your JD Mower to a bigger one for the money you spend on a 60" or so deck you can maybe sell your JD and upgrade to a X304 or something similar.

Good luck in your search.

Carl

/ Don't need but want - but do not know what I want :P
Howdy Neighbor - I went to the one in MA which is very close to me.

NEW QUESTION - what is a infinite trans vs a Hydrostatic. Just wondering.

Firebug I agree a name is a name but the JD fealt pretty good when I sat in it. Will do two more trips to make sure. The B2920 is a great machine but just did not feel comfortable to me, the BX25 seat was much better but can not be put on the B2920.

At least one or two weeks of more torture to do to myself before buying.

THANK YOU ALL for the good info. Please bear with me.

/ Don't need but want - but do not know what I want :P #28  
Bundi,

Most dealers will upgrade your seat to seal the deal as it may be $150-200 difference in a base seat and a deluxe seat.

/ Don't need but want - but do not know what I want :P #29  
well as far as seats go you can make any seat fit any thing just take the new seat to fab shop and have new brackets made and as far as pirces 1200 for the reclining seat on 2660 dont know about the swivle seat on the 25 but like i said any seat can be made to fit

/ Don't need but want - but do not know what I want :P #30  
Go sit on a bunch of tractors first.
Get the dealer to let you take the ones you feel comfortable on for a test drive in the back lot. (I had one dealer let me run it for 30 minutes in his test area which had hillside (up, down, crossways), mud hole, and sand and gravel piles to play with - guess where I bought mine?)
Don't buy one if it doesn't feel comfortable sitting in it and running it.