Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #11  
Thanks for the advice. Makes sense. I knew Kubotas were very reliable. How involved are the mower decks to get on and off?

From start to finish it took me 51 seconds to take mine off the second time. Pull 3 pins and disconnect the PTO shaft then slide it out.

The Deere has a taller hood and it makes it look bigger than a BX. I think you sit higher on the the Deere too.

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D
Looks like more seat time is coming. I think of the auto connect deck like a TV remote. Sure you can get up and stand there and change the channels, but why? When you can sit on your *** and do it!:😄

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #13  
I remember the first TV remotes. It took a while before they perfected the concept. Are you an "early adopter" in your buying habits? Whatever you choose, enjoy!

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #14  
I like the concept of quick change attachments. In another thread I mentioned the new Deere mower deck and was told that it had problems. A non perfected gizmo can be a pain. But don''t take my word for it check it out.

I expect you will be happy with either tractor.

This year I picked up a used BX2200 with 900hrs on it. Mostly I have been moving dirt around. I have come to really appreciate the BX's low center of gravity.

I plan to add a quick attach, thinking a tach-n-go system, for the loader so I can easily switch between forks and the bucket. I also like the idea of the front mounted receiver hitch. You new tractor will have similar standard.

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #15  
I have a 2013 1025r TLB with 54 inch mower and a rotor tiller. The tractor is wonderful and has done everything I have asked of it and then some. I ha dug hard red clay and rock with the loader . I have even doug up a telephone pole with the loader and backhoe. I have cleared about 3 acres of heavy brush and small trees will no problems. the back hoe and loader mount and dismount easily. I would suggest a couple of extenton hoses for the backhoe to enable monovering to hook up the backhoe. The mower hooks up quickly if everything is set up like JD says. I would suggest that if you take delivery go over all adjustments . Unfortantly the dealers don`t take the time or have the trained personel that know how to make the adjustment and set the equipment correctly. The 1025r is the hardest working tractor for its size I have ever seen.

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #16  
I deal with Nova in Aylesford. Great guys. Talk to Leroy.
I have upgraded three times since 2001 from a B7500 to a B7800 to a GL3540 and each time I have been very happy with the results.

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #17  
Am I wrong or right about the mower decks,
The Kubota is a floating deck and the easy mount Deere is not,
I have both and the deere has been scalping very bad on un even ground, where as the kubota scalp wheels does the job better, also the deere scalp wheels seems to be mounted further in than the BX, therefore bad and good, The BX ,bad being you hit more items with the (Deere)wheel, being further in causes the deck to tilt moor.
Just my 2 ccents

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #18  
I was in the same boat as you at the start of the year....looking very hard at the BX, 1 series, and the MF GC....In the end I went with the Kubota BX25D.

I liked the deere quite a bit....I actually liked this and that about all of them....I think you will find if you could take this off one and that off the other you would have the perfect machine....but that is not how it works.

The few things that sway me to the Kubota are....well I own an older Deere compact tractor. A 1980's 650. It needed a little bit of work and finding parts for it was a bit of a pain....Deere told me to talk to Yanmar, and Yanmar told me to talk to Deere....no one wanted to claim the machine. I finally found what I needed but it took months and really put a bad taste in my mouth to deere. Kubota makes their machine, makes the engine and sole sources everything else....that went a long way for me.
The other thing I did not care for with the 1 series is it is plastic. I am sorry but a tractor should be metal. I know what happens to plastic over time, in the very cold if I am moving snow, yes it will not scratch and rust like metal, but the metal will not shatter at -10f while I am moving snow and I slip in the snow and fall into it.
I am also a little shy of the gizmo on how the quick attach deck really works after the system gets some wear on it....I have read that it is not that simple, but if you have read some of my posts getting that deck on and off the Kubota is not simple for an old broken down guy like myself. However getting attachments off the FIL is easy peasy. the curved arms I thought are nicer as well.

I really think that no matter what machine you buy you will be happy, and it will do what you want it to do. I have been amazed at what the little machine will do, and have zero doubt in my mind that it is lifting more then the book said it would.

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #19  
Looks like more seat time is coming. I think of the auto connect deck like a TV remote. Sure you can get up and stand there and change the channels, but why? When you can sit on your *** and do it!:😄

Just chuckling, Kind of reminds me of the other night when I went to shut down the TV and found the batteries dead in the remote! I just unplugged the tv because I couldn't find any double AA's where they should have been and I was loosing my patience.

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #20  
Am I wrong or right about the mower decks,
The Kubota is a floating deck and the easy mount Deere is not,
I have both and the deere has been scalping very bad on un even ground, where as the kubota scalp wheels does the job better, also the deere scalp wheels seems to be mounted further in than the BX, therefore bad and good, The BX ,bad being you hit more items with the (Deere)wheel, being further in causes the deck to tilt moor.
Just my 2 ccents

Not to be rude but what did you expect from a mower deck that does not have a center antiscalp wheel?

I have posted this video several times but nobody every pays attention. It makes quite a few valid points.

http://youtu.be/1iucaKfo4JM?list=UU6yhm9rO304Qq6kmukrh8pw