Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #1  

Mazdaspeed

Tractor
Cockshutt30
Hi, new to the forum looking for some advice. Got my search down to these two tractors. I'm building a house this spring. I'm renting or hiring out the big work and looking at these two tractors for lighter work. Leveling top soil seeding, plants,shrubs and cleaning up my woods(6 acres) also mowing,snow removal and hauling fire wood. Looking for real world experience from owners on capability and reliability. I'm leaning toward Deere for the ease of attachments and stronger loader.

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #2  
I like Kubotas for small tractors.

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #3  
Welcome to TBN, I think you need some seat time in both.

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D
I did try both. There are things I like about each tractor. The backhoe on the Kubota seems smoother. The deere feels more like a bigger tractor and has a more responsive loader. Been reading about a few problems with the Deere that has me worried. Can't find many complaints on the bx25 at all.

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #5  
How about the dealers? any thoughts on them? Pricing? getting good quotes?

Dealer edge to Deere, Kubota a few hundred cheaper. I think I'm talking my self into the Deere.

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #7  
We've had our small Kubota since 2005 and with about 700 hours of operation it's been 100 % reliable and hard-working. Amazing what a small machine like that can accomplish. I would highly recommend the orange brand for dependability. That said, Deere also makes fine equipment and I wouldn't hesitate to own their new subcompact equipment either.

Just a suggestion that establishing preferences based on published specifications is highly overrated. They are OK as guidelines, but nothing beats a good, common sense appraisal of how a machine actually works, determined by actually using it. I think you'll find the performance of the two machines in practical terms will be essentially the same, because they are virtually the same in size, power, weight and hydraulic capacity. There are some features that differ between the two, so it would largely get down to your personal preferences when making a choice, finding a good dealer and, of course, price.

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #8  
Dealer edge to Deere, Kubota a few hundred cheaper. I think I'm talking my self into the Deere.

I was guessing you were talking yourself into the Kubota. Either way, both good brands. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. Makes sense. I knew Kubotas were very reliable. How involved are the mower decks to get on and off?

/ Can't decide Deere 1025r filb or Kubota BX25D #10  
Thanks for the advice. Makes sense. I knew Kubotas were very reliable. How involved are the mower decks to get on and off?

On the Kubota (at least on my 8 year old model), for removal:
1) flip the 4 mower casters 90 deg,
2) lower the mower to the ground,
3) pull 2 rear pins and 1 front pin, which removes the front mower mount,
4) unclip the pto shaft from the mower,
5) roll the mower to the side.

For installing, start at 5 and go to 1. Removing takes 2 minutes, installing, maybe 5 minutes. Worst part: hooking up/removing the pto shaft, because you can't see unless you lie down and it's lubed with grease. All the rest: If you can't do the rest of it, you might give a bit more thought to whether operating equipment like this is right for you, because there are 1,000 other things you'll be doing with it that are more challenging.

That said, the new Deere series does have what looks like a really easy on-off design for their mower deck. If you don't want to do the Kubota deck change (not the same as being incapable of doing it!), that's an appealing alternative. In fact, the older I get, the more appealing it seems!

Kubota just introduced a new BX line and, interestingly, did not choose to change their simple, rugged, and probably less costly, mower setup to match the easy on/off configuration Deere offers. I suspect something like the Deere design is mechanically more complex and time will tell how it holds up and whether it brings in more customers.