found

/ found #21  
Cat Driver not always so simple.

neighbor purchased a new wood miser band saw mill and with in a month it was stolen he was given the license # of a pickup that had parked near his saw mill and checked with the sheriff

the pick-up was licensed in another county. driving to given address saw the saw mill and cell phone called the local police . then followed at distance and the pick-up drove away with saw mill into another county and police could not follow . so called that sheriff dept.

A year later received notice the saw mill had been sitting in a storage lot of tow truck salvage with fee of 25 a day storage. and then other charges so value of getting exceeded the new price. It is called legal theft here.
ken

sorry, my eyes.

/ found #22  
sorry, my eyes.

Jay I have always been unable to write, reading .Will try to improve.
Also left handed and this Windows 8 is like a teenager with ADD and off there meds.
ken

/ found #23  
Jay I have always been unable to write, reading .Will try to improve.
Also left handed and this Windows 8 is like a teenager with ADD and off there meds.
ken

No worries, Ken, my semi-old eyes just like some spacing. 10 years ago, it wouldn't have mattered. :thumbsup:

Windows 8 is like a teenager with ADD and off there meds
:laughing:

/ found #24  
I once bought a used 4-wheeler on the condition that the seller would furnish me a title for it. A week later, while trying to get the title, he called me and told me that this 4-wheeler was stolen. The police required that he turn it in. He was an honest fellow. He refunded my money and turned the 4-wheeler in to the police. A truly honest person. He lost this 4-wheeler and the money he paid for it.

/ found #25  
To those of you who keep saying just check the serial #, Where are you checking it at? My local sheriff would probably laugh if I called in with such a request. Half the time they don't even show up if you report something stolen. You just give them info over the phone and email what pics you have.

And I have never heard of anyone who has ever "checked" anything.

/ found #26  
On more modern stuff dealers have records. Something like a 50 year old tractor that won't work. I have chased down lost titles and titled atvs. When my brother in law worked at Honda their records could uncover reported machines. This is another reason why people grind off numbers. I can go to Freightliner and see any dealer worked performed on my truck since it was new. Just about anytime records are stored in a computer it can be flagged. Not foolproof but It can help.