Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    5300 John deere,53 harry ferguson, ck20 kioti, 135 ferguson, 350jd dozer, k40 kubota excavator

Default found

Many years ago I posted that a tractor had been stolen. The old fellow that lost it has passed. Was talking with a fellow and he was telling me about a nice one he found on craigs list. It had a rollover cage and a nice winch. I asked him about some of the particulars about the winch and be damned if it wasn't the rigl. I built the cage and that winch. It's been over 10 yrs and in the next state over so I guess nothing can be done. Sure would like to string up the fellow that sold it to him though.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Nothing can be done? If it's reported stolen and the serial matches, why not go get it?

Tractor
    John Deere

Default Re: found

I would sure look into getting it back, The guy that has it now is in possion of stolen property. I would think something can be done about it.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by joshuabardwell View Post
    Nothing can be done? If it's reported stolen and the serial matches, why not go get it?
    I agree 100 %. I don;t think that there would be a Statue of Limitations involved in this incidence. Even though the original owner has passed, I would think that your identification and the work you performed, would add credence to the case. Just a thought.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer

Story in the local paper of a corvette that was stolen in 1963 and recovered 45 years later at the port as it was being loaded on to a ship...

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

Stolen property is stolen property. The statue of limitations only deals with indicting someone for a crime. The cops could still interview him about the tractor, and see where it leads. The problem is going to be that the person it was stolen from has passed, so who's the victim?

Veteran Member

It's yours call the police in that town and pick it up NO PROBLEM, it's that simple.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by GManBart View Post
    Stolen property is stolen property. The statue of limitations only deals with indicting someone for a crime. The cops could still interview him about the tractor, and see where it leads. The problem is going to be that the person it was stolen from has passed, so who's the victim?
    The victim is the 'original owners estate' which would include all heirs to said estate. And as was posted previously, it is stolen property and as such is recoverable, no matter the time frame.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    Many years ago I posted that a tractor had been stolen. On this site? The old fellow that lost it has passed. Was talking with a fellow and he was telling me about a nice one he found on craigs list. It had a rollover cage and a nice winch. I asked him about some of the particulars about the winch and be damned if it wasn't the rigl. I built the cage and that winch. It's been over 10 yrs and in the next state over so I guess nothing can be done. Sure would like to string up the fellow that sold it to him though.
    Some good advice in the posts above. Did the guy you were talking to actually buy the tractor, or just see it on CL? Follow up on it, at least for our entertainment. If the current owner didn't know it was stolen, I will feel bad for him/her.
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    Kubota BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    Many years ago I posted that a tractor had been stolen. The old fellow that lost it has passed. Was talking with a fellow and he was telling me about a nice one he found on craigs list. It had a rollover cage and a nice winch. I asked him about some of the particulars about the winch and be damned if it wasn't the rigl. I built the cage and that winch. It's been over 10 yrs and in the next state over so I guess nothing can be done. Sure would like to string up the fellow that sold it to him though.
    That tractor could have had a few owners since it was stolen. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's likely that the person who stole it 10 years ago sold it off for cash as soon as possible. It is still likely recoverable if it was reported stolen and the tractor still retains serial numbers or someone has old pictures of the tractor with the custom work. I would notify the heirs if you know them, and know where the tractor is now located. Let them pursue it further if they choose. It may not be worth the effort to them, especially if it was covered by insurance for the theft.
    BX25, "60" MMM, 3 point hitch, Brinly 12" cat 0 1 bottom plow, TSC Countyline carry all, Kubota ballast box, 4X4 Loyal drag harrow, BXpanded Piranha tooth bar, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, Bro-Tek wheel spacers, Bro-Tek backhoe ripper tooth. Kubota BX2763A front plow, Phoenix T4 48" rototiller, Harbor Freight Quick Hitch, BXpanded Quick-on Work light Kit, Mark Hodge stabilizers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast