Buying Advice BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #11  
I have to disagree with your dealer's comment that the turf tires are useless when using a front end loader. I have a front end loader on a BX-2360 and properly ballasted and in 4wd, I have no issues using the loader in reasonable terrain. Only time I have had issues was using the loader to make repairs to a sopping wet wood road, not really a job for a BX. I also work on a college campus and we have turfs on all of our tractors with loaders and many of the contractors we use for landscape are similarly equipped. Remember we are talking about a 23 hp sub compact tractor not an articulating loader design for construction.

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing
Thanks for the input, sim.

What about climbing a decent grade (picture driving up a highway bank about 10 feet high) with turfs? Would it be best to remove the loader for that scenario?

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #13  
You would be best off to remove the loader for mowing. The tractor will be more stable.

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #14  
A well cared for BX with 300 or so hours is just broken in. Neglect is far harder on these machines then the hours. These machines hold their value extremely well. 10 year old BX's with FEL still fetch about $10K with around 1000 hours on them.

That seems to be the case, Messick. However the Kioti dealer is willing to close a deal for $13K on the CS2410, just $200 more than the Kubota cash price. The CS2410 comes with 5yr warranty where the Kubota is 3yr. Probably not a major difference.

The used Kubota dealer will throw in a 60 day powertrain warranty, nothing else. His price stands at $10k. So I guess the ultimate question I have to answer now is this:
Is a 3 or 5yr warranty and 0hrs of use worth the extra $3,000?
I'm planning to sit on the seats next weekend at both of these dealers. I'll keep you all posted. :D

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #17  
The question is. How much does the average person spend on repairs for a clean used BX over the next 3 or 5 years.

There is no guarantee that you will come in at average with your purchase. All we can do it look at the averages and I would not know where to find that data.

Maybe some of the guys who have been here for a few years can provide some insight. Personally I do not see much about BX problems.

You put it well 3v0. Of course with any warranty part of the value is a good night's sleep. The value of a warranty changes depending on a person's tolerance level for risk etc.

I would be interested to hear from any dealers or owners who have calculated something like 3vo proposes - some kind of average warranty cost data for the Kubota BX series.

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #19  
We really like the CS2410, outfitted with 60mmm, FEL, and turf tires comes to around $15k

That's the "asking" price for a BX2660 without any discounts; are you adding sales tax to the above or is that before tax? You should be able to buy the 'bota for 9 to 15% cheaper than on the Build Your Own. And as Messicks suggested, there are deals on the 60 series to make room for the 70's.

That price was the initial Kioti quote as financed at 0% for 60 mos. The cash price is now $13,000, before taxes.

Say what made you decide to go with the BX2660 instead of the 23? Just curious if you have compared it to the performance of the 23.