Buying Advice BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #21  
That price was the initial Kioti quote as financed at 0% for 60 mos. The cash price is now $13,000, before taxes.

Say what made you decide to go with the BX2660 instead of the 23? Just curious if you have compared it to the performance of the 23.

With the length of our gravel drive I felt at some point I wished I had the extra HP's for plowing. Also there was a 60" RFM left on the property when we bought, the 2660 has a bit more HP to the rear pto. Don't know if I really needed the extra, but didn't want to second guess myself.

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #22  
With the length of our gravel drive I felt at some point I wished I had the extra HP's for plowing. Also there was a 60" RFM left on the property when we bought, the 2660 has a bit more HP to the rear pto. Don't know if I really needed the extra, but didn't want to second guess myself.

Plus you got a reclining seat.

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #23  
Plus you got a reclining seat.

Oh yeah, almost took that for granted. That seat does make a big difference when on the tractor mowing for 3 hours.

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #24  
FWIW, we have a 10 year old BX2200 that has had no mechanical problems not caused by operator error, bent tie rods, broken lights, HST fan (don't loan equipment out), so we don't worry about warranty as we have had five Kubotas and still own four that have had no warranty work done. As mentioned though, you have to know the used machine such as record of maintenance which we got with our one used Kubota.

Our BX2200 has bar tires and our BX2660 has R4 neither of which tear the yard up and give good traction, I don't care for turf tires as my experience with them on other machines on wet grass and wet soil has not been good; works for some just not me, but we have a lot of hills; no desire to get another tire debate.

I can't say a Kubota is better than anything else as Kioti and others have a good reputation and I just have no first hand experience with them. We do love the seat on the BX2660 and additional power, but the cost is higher, each buyer has to decide what is best for them.

Good luck shopping and try them all before deciding.:)

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing
Thanks for all the advice - I'm leaning more towards the Kubota mostly because the Kioti has NH roots - a strike against it in my book. Would be interesting to know how much Kioti changed when they bought the tooling. From reading the forums Kioti has a great reputation.

I do hope to try both of them next weekend before making a final decision. We've pretty much decided to go with a new unit for the warranty but also for the extra life. For the small difference in price it's very hard to pass up a new machine.

Without starting a tire debate, what exactly is the difference between R4 and bar tires? I've given up the idea of turfs based on dealer advice and several of the replies in this forum, considering the road bank we will have to navigate.

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #26  
Here is our BX2200 with bar tires. The only time we can tell any difference is in mud and we try to stay out of that, so for us the R4 tires work well and have them on our BX2660, John Deere 2305 and L5740.

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #27  
Found this in a 2006 posting

r3_r4_r1_tires_2.gif

As I see it the ag and R4's should put more power on loose dry ground, like a field, before breaking loose. If you are not working in loose dirt turfs will do the job.

Wet ground is a different thing and I need an excuse to post this picture. :)
Tractor.Stuck.jpg
We really have not seen enough rain here to get the BX stuck since I got it. An honestly if it gets that wet I have to have a darn good reason to not leave it parked. I have turfs but I expect I would have been happy with any of the 3.

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #29  
Thanks for all the advice - I'm leaning more towards the Kubota mostly because the Kioti has NH roots - a strike against it in my book. Would be interesting to know how much Kioti changed when they bought the tooling. From reading the forums Kioti has a great reputation.

I do hope to try both of them next weekend before making a final decision. We've pretty much decided to go with a new unit for the warranty but also for the extra life. For the small difference in price it's very hard to pass up a new machine.

Without starting a tire debate, what exactly is the difference between R4 and bar tires? I've given up the idea of turfs based on dealer advice and several of the replies in this forum, considering the road bank we will have to navigate.
I think you are reading Kioti wrong on NH connection. None of the Big 4 tractor dealers make their own SCUT or CUT. They rebadge them from real manufacturers like Kioti, LS, Mahindra etc. Some of the small JD's are made in China but I don't recall who makes them. Kioti didn't buy the tooling from NH, they made the tractor for NH to sell under the NH name. LS Mtron was making Case and McCormick tractor but got a contract to make the NH boomer series so Kioti took up the Case series of small tractors. Kioti, Kubota, Mahindra and LS I think are the only sellers that make their entire line themselves.

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #30  
I think you are reading Kioti wrong on NH connection. None of the Big 4 tractor dealers make their own SCUT or CUT. They rebadge them from real manufacturers like Kioti, LS, Mahindra etc. Some of the small JD's are made in China but I don't recall who makes them. Kioti didn't buy the tooling from NH, they made the tractor for NH to sell under the NH name. LS Mtron was making Case and McCormick tractor but got a contract to make the NH boomer series so Kioti took up the Case series of small tractors. Kioti, Kubota, Mahindra and LS I think are the only sellers that make their entire line themselves.
It is my understanding that this subcut model was originally made by Shibaura for NH.
Kioti recently bought the tooling from Shibaura to build the 2410

Last edited: