Buying Advice BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #31  
Thanks for the input, sim.

What about climbing a decent grade (picture driving up a highway bank about 10 feet high) with turfs? Would it be best to remove the loader for that scenario?

Yes it will climb that fine, but I wouldn't do that on a wet day. If you are mowing remove the loader, with the loader off the BX a very nimble mowing machine. The loader goes on and off really easy if you have a level spot to set it.

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #32  
It is my understanding that this subcut model was originally made by Shibaura for NH.
Kioti recently bought the tooling from Shibaura to build the 2410

That's my understanding as well. If you look at the CS2410, it doesn't have the same shared design traits as the CK, DK and RX lines. I do agree that it's hard to know who really builds what for who and it always seems to be shifting.

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing
Thanks for pointing this out - I should have been a little more specific about the TZ/Boomer model rather than lumping everything into one big NH loaf. I was referring to a few issues that come up on this forum relating to the TZ24, for one example the seat mounting brackets. It seems they may have fixed this now. In general it seems the BX series is farther along on the design evolution cycle and may have the benefit of more years in the field. The TZ/Boomer/CS2410 design is comparitively young from what I gather. But a 5 year warranty is nothing to sneeze at. Kioti seems to be standing behind their product.

Can't wait until the weekend... :licking:

Here's a picture of the triangle of land across the creek, showing the road grade we will need to navigate... P1090508.png

It's the only way to reach it, unless you have suggestions for bridge-building :)

Here's a picture of the beanfield turned pasture, which has since been seeded with a pasture/alfalfa mix.
Pasture.jpg

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #36  
I think you are reading Kioti wrong on NH connection. None of the Big 4 tractor dealers make their own SCUT or CUT. They rebadge them from real manufacturers like Kioti, LS, Mahindra etc.

Wow.. that really wrong.

Kubota makes all their stuff... Deere makes most of theirs, Kioti is a wholely owned subsidity of Daedong, Mahindra builds some of their models... lots of examples. Infact rebadging is the minority.

Got a chance to run both of these units over the weekend. Long and short of it is that both are nice machines with pros and cons specific to the machine and end-user situation.

BX2360:
Pros: Forward pedal in front, reverse pedal in rear (I mixed this up three times on the Kioti, I don't want my boys mixing it up when they're 3 feet from the creek bank :))
Better seat, mower height is set by a knob which I can set and forget, overall seemed more sturdy construction. Turning radius about 10-20% tighter than the Kioti.
Cons: Mower PTO made more noise kicking on and off. Hydraulics seemed to hesitate when lifting mower deck, had to raise RPMs.

CS2410:
Pros: Smooth mower engage and disengage, better lift on mower deck. Foldable ROPS. Some may prefer the drive pedals side by side once they get used to the position. If changing the mower height constantly the Kioti has a better setup.
Cons: Seemed overall to be a bit more shake, rattle, and roll. Plastic hood (though I can't remember if the Kubota was plastic as well or not). Turning radius - not as tight as the 'Bota and the tires left black streaks on concrete - tried the same thing with the 'Bota and it did not leave streaks. Loader stand a bit more primitive.

I probably would have been happy owning either machine. But in the end the features listed above and the bulletproof reputation of the Kubota machine and engine directed me to go with the Kubota. Dealer threw in a brush guard and we placed the order :) Now to wait until July when I can start using it :)

Thanks everyone!

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #38  
Got a chance to run both of these units over the weekend. Long and short of it is that both are nice machines with pros and cons specific to the machine and end-user situation.

BX2360:
Pros: Forward pedal in front, reverse pedal in rear (I mixed this up three times on the Kioti, I don't want my boys mixing it up when they're 3 feet from the creek bank :))
Better seat, mower height is set by a knob which I can set and forget, overall seemed more sturdy construction. Turning radius about 10-20% tighter than the Kioti.
Cons: Mower PTO made more noise kicking on and off. Hydraulics seemed to hesitate when lifting mower deck, had to raise RPMs.

CS2410:
Pros: Smooth mower engage and disengage, better lift on mower deck. Foldable ROPS. Some may prefer the drive pedals side by side once they get used to the position. If changing the mower height constantly the Kioti has a better setup.
Cons: Seemed overall to be a bit more shake, rattle, and roll. Plastic hood (though I can't remember if the Kubota was plastic as well or not). Turning radius - not as tight as the 'Bota and the tires left black streaks on concrete - tried the same thing with the 'Bota and it did not leave streaks. Loader stand a bit more primitive.

I probably would have been happy owning either machine. But in the end the features listed above and the bulletproof reputation of the Kubota machine and engine directed me to go with the Kubota. Dealer threw in a brush guard and we placed the order :) Now to wait until July when I can start using it :)

Thanks everyone!

Congrats on your purchase. Nice review of the the tractors.

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #39  
Congrats on the purchase. The hydraulics on the BX dont really kick in until you are over 1300 RPMs. Not sure why, but that is how our BX2660 works too.

Aaron Z

/ BX2360 vs CS2410 for 60% mowing #40  
I'm a Kioti fan. but, in this case I think you made the right choice. Congrats and enjoy.