Comparison kubota vs scagg

/ kubota vs scagg #1  

rpj30525

Tractor
kubota
i am trying to decide which one. if anyone could help that would be great thanks

/ kubota vs scagg #2  
I think you will be very happy with either ! Skag is top of the line, used by lots of pros. I had a freedom Z, more of a high end homeowner machine,did a great job but I just traded it for a Kubota ZD-221. It just came in today but I haven't picked it up yet.

/ kubota vs scagg #3  
It's hard to beat the Kubota for longevity and quality of cut.

/ kubota vs scagg #4  
I can't speak for now, but 4 years ago when I bought my Scag I did a lot of research. Seems the Kubota blade tip speeds weren't as much as some of the other ZTRs and at the time some were having problems with the Kubota hydro. I have been super happy with my Scag Wildcat. But I frankly have not heard anything negative about the Kubota quality of cut.

/ kubota vs scagg #5  
I can't comment on the Kubota mower; never drove or mowed with one. I have a Scag Tiger Cat and a Kubota B2920. Love the Scag for mowing. FAST, clean cuts. Stable. Biggest downside to zero turns is that you sit a little lower, blade tip speeds are higher, and you can get dusty/dirty real quick. Also, if your terrain is not smooth, I would want a suspension seat. Never had a bit of trouble since I bought mine new in 2010. Regular maintenance-oil, filters, both air and oil and lubrication. Keep the tires at the right pressures. Blow the Scag off with a Stihl blower. Never wash with a pressure washer; might do some damage.

/ kubota vs scagg #7  
rpj30525,

What did you end up buyimg?

/ kubota vs scagg #8  
I shopped around and ended up buying a kubota zd331

/ kubota vs scagg #9  
We bought a Scag for the church back in about 1980ish. It was a good one and easy to work on. Could remove all 3 blades in about 5 minutes. Took about that long to put them back on after sharpening.

Can't you get a diesel Kubota though? Not sure Scag makes a diesel. Know a mower tractor type Kubota came in diesel not long ago.

Ralph