Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership?

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #101  
Sounds like we have a lot of fans of kids and families on here, and that does not surprise me a bit.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #102  
I've never seen tractors at a dealer with their buckets in the air. What a safety violation! However, you can get cylinder locks that prevent the bucket from lowering even if hydraulics fail, and that would be a different story. I don't see why you'd need to secure implements in the down position, since they're not going anywhere without the key.

We sometimes will put buckets in the air to hang a banner or something, especially at shows. But we mechanically lock the loader up so it can't come down regardless of what a person does with the joystick. I suspect most anywhere at a dealership if a bucket is up, it is locked. To not do so is foolish. I think the biggest normal hazard at a dealership is stubbing a toe under a front bucket that is up a little on the front edge, or walking around the back of a tractor and banging your shins on the three-points, or of course just tripping.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #103  
Yeah for me and the son its right up there with t-ball to go to the tractor dealer and get to set on all them,I mean he really has to make all them before we can leave,its great to see him so happy,with such a little thing as setting on them. This is the one he picked out for himself daltonskubota.JPG,they are great about letting us go and do are thing. Even the DEERE dealer doesnt mind when he drove the little peddle tractor around showroom floor. When I was telling him we better not,they said he isnt going to hurt a thing.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #104  
I've never seen tractors at a dealer with their buckets in the air. What a safety violation! However, you can get cylinder locks that prevent the bucket from lowering even if hydraulics fail, and that would be a different story. I don't see why you'd need to secure implements in the down position, since they're not going anywhere without the key.
You've never been by Messicks. Shoulda seen the Bota 40 feet in the air. I shoulda snapped a picture of it when I was driving by there last summer.........you could see it a mile away. :laughing:

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #105  
Lol at all the guys saying they are going to stop at the family friendly dealer guys shop. Nothing like blowing smoke up the guys arse like your all in the market for a tractor now all the sudden.

Well I specifically said in my post he is to far away for me to deal with. What I was saying is he seems like the type of dealer I would do business with. And don't jump to assumptions about people being in the market. I have bought 4 machines so far this year alone. So I think him stating how he does business is a good thing one of us posters just might be in the market for a new machine tomorrow.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #106  
No kidding. Every bear is out protecting his perfect cubs too.

I don't have kids right now but the type of attitude the op got about the kids that haven't done anything wrong would have made me not do business with them. As a matter if fact if I had been there and seen them act to someone else with kids like the op I would have said thank you but you will not get my business.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #107  
By your logic because not all people are crooks we should never lock our doors.

It really does not make a difference if the OPs kids are angels or demons.

It may be lady (assume book keeper) made one mistake doing a job she was not hired to do. The OP and everyone else in the lynch mob is ready to hang the dealership out to dry.

There is simply not enough information/data here to do that. It is mob mentality.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #108  
It just proves the adage that you don't get a second chance to make a first impression.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership?
I spent a few thousands with this dealer over the years.

I really liked the "Father" who has since retired.

My experience with the kids was the only time I had anyone with me and by coincidence... I have not been back.

I suggested stopping because my nephew is crazy about tractors... his mom not so much so even though her sister has a breeding operation in the Midwest for horses and they also produce the bulk of the horse feed they use.

Anyway... I was hoping for a good experience since my sister-in-law was with us and it wasn't... and the remarks about kids totally turned her off and and she repeated them to the kids later in the car... see how dangerous tractors are... they don't even allow kids!

As mentioned... I grew up in the auto business and kids were part of selling cars... a lot of people came in because the family was growing and they needed more room...