Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership?

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #151  
ultrarunner said:
Also, the Dad would order a part with just a phone call and I would pay when I picked it up.

I now need to pay in advance for anything not in stocked. It seemed to me the Dad really enjoyed what he was doing and confided in me it was taking a toll on the mariage of the next generation

You comment about the son's wife might indicate the money is tight there. Quite possible the son does not have the same credit lines or deep pockets dad had. May even be paying interest on the money he may have borrowed to buy his siblings out.

Not as nice as it was but it may not be by choice.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #152  
IMG-20130213-00163.jpg I always have/make time to do this with my son. And when we get home he is my partner to work on getting the mother to let us get it:D

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #154  
There is a warning label on some of our Mitsubishi built Mahindra models regarding tipping or rolling the tractor over, in part is says "...tractor can become upset....". I had a lady tell me she did not want to buy a tractor that was so emotionally sensitive. :rolleyes:

Now Dave, sounds like you forgot to show the special Mahindra curry pills to drop in the tank, aids digestion and promotes tranquility. :D

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #155  
What kind of goofy kid figures out cigarette lighters with their fingers? At least I knew enough to use the seat cover. :laughing:

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #156  
Now Dave, sounds like you forgot to show the special Mahindra curry pills to drop in the tank, aids digestion and promotes tranquility. :D

The curry trick is top secret, but it only works on the India built models. The Mitsu models require a little sake, or thinly sliced Wagyu. ;)

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #157  
I have seen a lot of "unsupervised" equipment on display when I have attended the Delaware state fair. I know it is different than being at the dealership, but the dealer displaying the equipment at the fair wasn't concerned about kids on the equipment. I guess you would expect that at a family event like a fair. The bottom line is that parent's need to be responsible for their kids no matter where they are with them.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #158  
The curry trick is top secret, but it only works on the India built models. The Mitsu models require a little sake, or thinly sliced Wagyu. ;)

aaahhh. That's why my diesel additives in my Mitsu Case IH only work so so, I forgot the sake! I'll rub some on the hood too...

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #159  
I think one of the benefits of having a kid raised on a farm is that they know already it's not a good idea to pull all the levers on Dad's tractor or combine. Wouldn't do that any more than putting your hand on the stove. You know those levers and buttons do something, and you also know you can't unscrew the knobs like every kid who ever attended the Phila auto show does.
A tractor or piece of equipment is something that puts food on the table, as well as being very cool.
Nor there are always exceptions, and likely all of us did something stupid in our own way when we were young.

Take a gear tractor, push down/unlock on the parking brake and push down on the clutch. Not hard for an older kid to do.
Hope someone chocked the wheels...or the loader is down, or something. I don't think a hydro would move and most dealer
lots and county fairs are not on hills. And they don't leave implements up in the air, ready to drop when motivated by little fingers...

Sometimes look but don't touch just doesn't work. If I were six years old and allowed up in a cab, I would probably just look around in wonderment. And then the steering wheel would go. And the throttle, well the vroom vroom part, and then the shift up to top speed.
I want to be a kid again...:dance1:

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #160  
Not all children are supervised by adults in a safe manner. It is very annoying at auctions where people try out machines, leave them running, and grade school age children jump on without a clue and start working levers. Some city dwellers there for entertainment don't know safe machine operation having never been on an escavator calmly let there children " have at it ".
Insurance is too expensive as well as the law suit to follow. No one should be operating anything without the sales person consent. That dealership deserves an A plus rating !