Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast
    SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23, Craftsman Mower

Default Re: Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
    You must not know dealerships that well that have 40+ machines in stock that are constantly being moved. They are all keyed alike and sometimes keys ARE left in ignition. Kids do climb on things that they aren't supposed to and DO have accidents. Machines can be pretty tall and cause injury from a fall. anything can happen on big farm equipment. Everyone in the thread seems to claim they have complete control of their kids well, a bit of news for some of you, SOME people let their kids do whatever the **** they want and they don't have any respect. Also, some of these parents want to sue for personal gain. so when something does happen, the dealer will be responsible for it. Like I said, this isn't your average dealer with 3 or 4 riding mowers in stock. Its a large dealer that has to much acreage to keep tabs on who comes and goes.

Alos, yeah we all grew up many years ago running big tractors when we were 2 years old. News flash!!!!- different time era folks. Its not 1960 anymore, people love to sue people and there are plenty of lawyers that will take the case. Different day and age people. As a business owner you have to cover your butt. Or did you guys forget that coffee cups have to be labeled as "hot" now?
    The simple fact is anyone can sue anybody... family has been in the car business since the 1940's and never been sued...ever.

Thankfully, lawsuits are one of the easiest things to insure against... just about any agent is all too happy to write umbrella policies...

I have not been back since... just have not needed anything and my most recent tractor purchase was the deere 110TLB. Prior to buying the 110 I was considering a B26 or L39.

Never meant to imply the Dealer could not or should not make/set the ground rules or kid rules... I do think it was short sighted... but, then again, I have never owned or worked at a Tractor Dealership.

After it happen... I had planned to call and mention my experience to the owner... maybe the person was 100% following company policy or maybe not... for all I know, she could have been afraid to be there all alone at the time we stopped by...

From the responses it seems not all Dealers have the same policy and some even welcome kids...
    Last edited by ultrarunner; 04-16-2013 at 01:23 AM.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC33D w/supersteer and loader

Quote Originally Posted by buickanddeere View Post
    After seeing equipment ruined by child minded adults and their children running wild without supervision. There should be an electric fence around displayed equipment.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of people using equipment as a jungle gym either.
    NH TC33D, Lorenz 5ft blower, KK 60" tiller, Kubota RTV900, Stihl 026, 029, 361, 460, Husqvarna 2100cd, 261, Speeco 25t splitter, Cub Cadet 982

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Case IH 255, Gravely 8199G

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    Nothing like a partner in crime. And one with nice boots too!
    great pic of your son.
    No matter how many posts I read here, and all the good points made, I keep coming back to this picture.
    Maybe because I never had kids..., but I can just see Foreman's son looking up at his Dad and asking, "when I get older,
    can I sit in the BIG seat"? this is the very best part of life, don't miss it, and if a worried suburban dealer is nervous about your son
    getting in the cab, maybe you need to look further afield, where the dealers are used to "farm kids".

As to the OP, either the lady was a natural shrew or she was just trying to do her job while perhaps nervous about being left alone.
    Let's cut her some slack. But it would be really interesting to go back and see if the experience was repeated.

Foreman, you have a handsome son and I hope he grows up to get his own "big seat" someday soon.

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    No matter how many posts I read here, and all the good points made, I keep coming back to this picture.
    Maybe because I never had kids..., but I can just see Foreman's son looking up at his Dad and asking, "when I get older,
    can I sit in the BIG seat"? this is the very best part of life, don't miss it, and if a worried suburban dealer is nervous about your son
    getting in the cab, maybe you need to look further afield, where the dealers are used to "farm kids".

As to the OP, either the lady was a natural shrew or she was just trying to do her job while perhaps nervous about being left alone.
    Let's cut her some slack. But it would be really interesting to go back and see if the experience was repeated.

Foreman, you have a handsome son and I hope he grows up to get his own "big seat" someday soon.
    Thank you,he is a great kid very respectful,its a joy everyday,and it may be twice as hard to get things done sometimes but I wouldn't won't him anywhere else but right with me

Tractor
    John Deere 3720

It seems half the kids in the country have some kind of attention deficit disability and parents can't do or don't want to do anything with them. I can remember going to in-laws houses when I was 4-8 years old and we sat there and were seen and not heard. I all but stopped having parents with kids come over to our house because kids don't behave themselves and the parents don't care or can't control them anymore. They treat the living room as a jungle gym, and I can imagine taking them to a dealership for tractors, campers, boats or anything else with things that can be wrecked or themselves hurt on.

I would suggest taking them to a McDonalds playhouse and let them get it out of their system, take them home and then go back and do some serious tractor looking without having to worry about them getting hurt. It's nearly impossible to concentrate on a deal when the little darlin's are running and jumping around steel stuff. Then bring the tractor home and show the kids and the wife and let them play with it all they want.
    3720, Frontier 6' BB; 6' Rear Blade.; Loaded tires and Ballast Box; Dirt Scoop.

X740; 62" Deck; w/47" Snoblower; 42" Hydraulic Tiller.
    54" Front blade; 48" Belly Blade

Tractor
    John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by deere Dude View Post
    It seems half the kids in the country have some kind of attention deficit disability and parents can't do or don't want to do anything with them.

They just didn't have that name for it when we were kids. Back in the early years it was called BAD. And if you had BAD syndrome, you didn't take a pill. You took a belt on the rear. And the problem with kids these days, (not all kids) is lack of discipline. Spare the rod spoil the child. Lack of attention is the biggest deficit with a lot of todays children.

Tractor
    John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by deere Dude View Post
    It seems half the kids in the country have some kind of attention deficit disability and parents can't do or don't want to do anything with them.

They just didn't have that name for it when we were kids. Back in the early years it was called BAD. And if you had BAD syndrome, you didn't take a pill. You took a belt on the rear. And the problem with kids these days, (not all kids) is lack of discipline. Spare the rod spoil the child. Lack of attention is the biggest deficit with a lot of todays children.

3v0
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

The part that gets me is the excuses parents make defending the little dears.

the break something.... if it was quality it would not have broken... you should not left it in the open... he is just being a kid

And it does not stop when they get older. I gave a take home test with 2 weeks to finish it. All the info was provided in class. I was there to help one on one with concepts. A father grilled me when his daughter got a bad grade. The material was too hard etc. In the end the real reason was that it was unacceptable because she was planning on attending med school. I wonder how far she will get in med school if she is too lazy to do the work. I doubt daddy can pull any strings there.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    john deere

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL52 View Post
    There it is boys and girls . Nothing like a fly swatter on the backside .

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

Kids wreck everything they touch, and the only place of business that they should be allowed in is Chucky Cheese. Otherwise, they should be at home working.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast