Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Default Re: Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership?

I have a neighbor with a little dog that is always with her. Whenever she stops by for a visit and then later is leaving, she will call for her dog (which is always near her when she does) three or four times in a nice gentle friendly tone. You can see the dogs ears perk up, but the dog continues to flatly ignore her. Then she raises her voice and changes her tone and the dog happily follows her home. The dog has trained the master, and it is quite funny really.

But it isn't funny at all when the kids train the parents, and that is all too common. Words need to mean something. Lines need to be clearly defined. Punishment must be fair and consistent. It's a lot of work early on, but later as they grow into teens you can actually enjoy your kids.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1970 MF-135 and 1951 Ford 8N

Howdy Folks,

I have been to couple dealers we have around here and my boy gets right up on the tractors, I of course help him up on the big ones and never leave him alone around machinery. I have never had a problem.

What I would do if I was a salesman is say, hey I will look after junior (just have a ball with me to play catch) and you look at the tractor. I have a hard time looking at them and listening to salesman anyway.

v/r

Mike

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

The mayhem caused by kids is not linear. I expect sales people quake in the boots when someone shows up with more then 2 kids.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

Quote Originally Posted by 3v0 View Post
    The mayhem caused by kids is not linear. I expect sales people quake in the boots when someone shows up with more then 2 kids.
    And remember that nobody likes your kids but you...They are just rodents to the rest of the world.

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

Quote Originally Posted by arlen4720 View Post
    And remember that nobody likes your kids but you...They are just rodents to the rest of the world.
    And remember that just cause ones older than a kid,they can also be a rodent to the rest of the world...

Tractor
    04/4310

Haha. That's good.

He was never a kid I suppose

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

Tragic. If my Dad had hauled me to a dealership and I got hurt doing something stupid, he'd never have held the dealer responsible. He'd take full responsibility for anything I did to get hurt. If he caught me in the act before injury, he'd tan my backside so I'd associate that activity with pain and avoid doing it again. And if I were hurt, he'd take the blame for not doing his job as a parent. Fact is, anyone who'd sue a dealer because their kid got hurt there messing around is both a pathetic excuse for a parent, or a thieving, irresponsible leech.
    Just my two cents.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24; John Deere 4020

Fact is, anyone who'd sue a dealer because their kid got hurt there messing around is .... far too common these days I'm afraid.

Tractor
    04/4310

Quote Originally Posted by GolfAddict View Post
    Fact is, anyone who'd sue a dealer because their kid got hurt there messing around is .... far too common these days I'm afraid.
    Too true

Barnacles on societies ship

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Think about it guys. If a farmer sued over his hurt kid every dealer in 100 miles would hear about it. Each time he walked into a dealership they would quote everything higher then book just to get him to go elsewhere.

In most cases a farmer would have to be crackers to sue a farm equipment dealership over something like this.

If you are thinking that can't happen think again. We had a neighbor that wanted everything to be perfect and the dealers knew it. He still had to buy equipment and on a good day he would never pay less then book. Heard it from the local IH dealer.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast