Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership?

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #181  
I have a neighbor with a little dog that is always with her. Whenever she stops by for a visit and then later is leaving, she will call for her dog (which is always near her when she does) three or four times in a nice gentle friendly tone. You can see the dogs ears perk up, but the dog continues to flatly ignore her. Then she raises her voice and changes her tone and the dog happily follows her home. The dog has trained the master, and it is quite funny really.

But it isn't funny at all when the kids train the parents, and that is all too common. Words need to mean something. Lines need to be clearly defined. Punishment must be fair and consistent. It's a lot of work early on, but later as they grow into teens you can actually enjoy your kids.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #182  
Howdy Folks,

I have been to couple dealers we have around here and my boy gets right up on the tractors, I of course help him up on the big ones and never leave him alone around machinery. I have never had a problem.

What I would do if I was a salesman is say, hey I will look after junior (just have a ball with me to play catch) and you look at the tractor. I have a hard time looking at them and listening to salesman anyway.

v/r

Mike

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #183  
The mayhem caused by kids is not linear. I expect sales people quake in the boots when someone shows up with more then 2 kids.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #184  
The mayhem caused by kids is not linear. I expect sales people quake in the boots when someone shows up with more then 2 kids.

And remember that nobody likes your kids but you...They are just rodents to the rest of the world.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #185  
And remember that nobody likes your kids but you...They are just rodents to the rest of the world.

And remember that just cause ones older than a kid,they can also be a rodent to the rest of the world...

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #186  
Haha. That's good.

He was never a kid I suppose

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #187  
Tragic. If my Dad had hauled me to a dealership and I got hurt doing something stupid, he'd never have held the dealer responsible. He'd take full responsibility for anything I did to get hurt. If he caught me in the act before injury, he'd tan my backside so I'd associate that activity with pain and avoid doing it again. And if I were hurt, he'd take the blame for not doing his job as a parent. Fact is, anyone who'd sue a dealer because their kid got hurt there messing around is both a pathetic excuse for a parent, or a thieving, irresponsible leech.
Just my two cents.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #188  
Fact is, anyone who'd sue a dealer because their kid got hurt there messing around is .... far too common these days I'm afraid.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #189  
Fact is, anyone who'd sue a dealer because their kid got hurt there messing around is .... far too common these days I'm afraid.

Too true

Barnacles on societies ship

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #190  
Think about it guys. If a farmer sued over his hurt kid every dealer in 100 miles would hear about it. Each time he walked into a dealership they would quote everything higher then book just to get him to go elsewhere.

In most cases a farmer would have to be crackers to sue a farm equipment dealership over something like this.

If you are thinking that can't happen think again. We had a neighbor that wanted everything to be perfect and the dealers knew it. He still had to buy equipment and on a good day he would never pay less then book. Heard it from the local IH dealer.