Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Default Re: Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership?

I tend to agree with others, regarding the insurance and liability concerns. Just my thought. I went to my Dealer only last week to get some supplies. There was a couple of Families there with children. They were looking and sitting on ATV's and Quads. A salesman was explaining the vehicles to the Families.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Kubota L3200 w/LA524

Quote Originally Posted by Nooodles View Post
    Not a bad move in my opinion. Little kids are always pickin boogers and wiping them on stuff. I don't know why they do it but I always see them doing it. So gross. My school bus has boogers all over the back of the seats. Kudos to that dealer
    When I had my own machine shop, rarely would a customer bring in a child. When it did happen I had to watch them like a hawk. But mainly because of the danger factor to them. Unfortunately if a kid gets injured, people are quick to call an attorney. When they should be taking a belt to that kids backside.

However, I never ran off customers. If they had kids, I would give them something to keep them occupied.
    Last edited by Rayster; 04-11-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Tractor
    yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter

Find another dealer.....this one won't be around much longer!
    I Intend to Live Forever.....So Far....So Good!

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Tractor
    John Deere

Even if it is a safety/insurance thing. There are ways to express rules without driving away potential customers. Not being a snob would be a good start. There are kids that are allowed to run wild. And then there are kids that are well mannered, and not little heathens that are allowed to do as they please. If they're like that with tractor sales, how snobby would their parts and service people be. Find another dealer.

Banned
    Tractor
    Kubota BX3030 Cab with upgraded speakers

you guys are being keyboard commandos in my opinion. He clearly stated they had 40+ tractors in stock. You have to put yourself in the owners shoes and cover your ***. How in the heck are you suppose to keep tabs on all that heavy machinery and make sure everything is tamper free everyday. you don't know what machine was moved by who and who may have left a key in something or an implement up. it could be a disaster waiting to happen. The owner is covering his butt. If he has that many machines, he must be doing good business regardless of the way you feel. What kind of bank would fron the money for that kind of stock if he wasn't? His policy is as such and he is covered. Im only 14 and a half and I know this. use your heads for something other than a hat rack.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2710

I can understand the policy with kids, but if i can't get on the tractor without supervision I'm outa there.
    Alan L., TX
    South of Bugtussle
    North of Mustang
    On the banks of Buck Creek
    We don't rent pigs.

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan L. View Post
    I can understand the policy with kids, but if i can't get on the tractor without supervision I'm outa there.
    X2!!!

SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer

Quote Originally Posted by pjbci View Post
    Wow! I wonder if they know how many sales they have lost and will loose because of this policy!
    Or... maybe is so good business can be turned away?

Good looking Dozers... had mine out today for one last sweep of the fire trails...

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

you guys are being keyboard commandos in my opinion. He clearly stated they had 40+ tractors in stock.
    Well, our local kubota dealership "only" has ~20 machines in stock, but they dont have a problem with families coming in to look at equipment. The local Deere dealership is similar but on a larger scale (they have hundreds of machines in stock between their various locations). They will ask you to control your child, but as long as they are behaving, no problems. If they are going to tell me that my child isn't welcome right when I walk in the door to look at tractors with me (with no prior history of problems at the dealership), I wont be buying there and I would probbaly let corporate know why.

How in the heck are you suppose to keep tabs on all that heavy machinery and make sure everything is tamper free everyday. you don't know what machine was moved by who and who may have left a key in something or an implement up. it could be a disaster waiting to happen.
    And what is the difference between a small child doing that and a teenage walking the lot off hours, or and adult who is new at tractors?
    Around here, the people working at the dealership who would be showing you a tractor have a keyring clipped to their belt with 5-10 keys on it which will start almost every tractor on the lot. Not individual keys that could get forgotten.

The owner is covering his butt. If he has that many machines, he must be doing good business regardless of the way you feel. What kind of bank would fron the money for that kind of stock if he wasn't? His policy is as such and he is covered.
    If that's dealership policy, the owner is a fool. I have a 3 year old and pre-teen siblings/nieces/nephews, I know how younger kids act. I have also been around equipment since I was 5.
    I could see "no kids climbing/playing on the tractors" or "no kids wandering the lot without an adult right with them" but "no kids allowed"? Not so much .

Aaron Z
    Last edited by aczlan; 04-12-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

If you won't do business with kids, you won't do business with me either! That's my policy! No exception!
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast