Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership?

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #11  
I tend to agree with others, regarding the insurance and liability concerns. Just my thought. I went to my Dealer only last week to get some supplies. There was a couple of Families there with children. They were looking and sitting on ATV's and Quads. A salesman was explaining the vehicles to the Families.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #12  
Not a bad move in my opinion. Little kids are always pickin boogers and wiping them on stuff. I don't know why they do it but I always see them doing it. So gross. My school bus has boogers all over the back of the seats. Kudos to that dealer

:laughing: When I had my own machine shop, rarely would a customer bring in a child. When it did happen I had to watch them like a hawk. But mainly because of the danger factor to them. Unfortunately if a kid gets injured, people are quick to call an attorney. When they should be taking a belt to that kids backside.

However, I never ran off customers. If they had kids, I would give them something to keep them occupied.

Last edited:
   / Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #13  
Find another dealer.....this one won't be around much longer!:thumbdown:

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #14  
Even if it is a safety/insurance thing. There are ways to express rules without driving away potential customers. Not being a snob would be a good start. There are kids that are allowed to run wild. And then there are kids that are well mannered, and not little heathens that are allowed to do as they please. If they're like that with tractor sales, how snobby would their parts and service people be. Find another dealer.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #15  
you guys are being keyboard commandos in my opinion. He clearly stated they had 40+ tractors in stock. You have to put yourself in the owners shoes and cover your ***. How in the heck are you suppose to keep tabs on all that heavy machinery and make sure everything is tamper free everyday. you don't know what machine was moved by who and who may have left a key in something or an implement up. it could be a disaster waiting to happen. The owner is covering his butt. If he has that many machines, he must be doing good business regardless of the way you feel. What kind of bank would fron the money for that kind of stock if he wasn't? His policy is as such and he is covered. Im only 14 and a half and I know this. use your heads for something other than a hat rack.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #16  
I can understand the policy with kids, but if i can't get on the tractor without supervision I'm outa there.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #17  
   / Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership?
Wow! I wonder if they know how many sales they have lost and will loose because of this policy!

Or... maybe is so good business can be turned away?

Good looking Dozers... had mine out today for one last sweep of the fire trails...

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #19  
you guys are being keyboard commandos in my opinion. He clearly stated they had 40+ tractors in stock.
Well, our local Kubota dealership "only" has ~20 machines in stock, but they dont have a problem with families coming in to look at equipment. The local Deere dealership is similar but on a larger scale (they have hundreds of machines in stock between their various locations). They will ask you to control your child, but as long as they are behaving, no problems. If they are going to tell me that my child isn't welcome right when I walk in the door to look at tractors with me (with no prior history of problems at the dealership), I wont be buying there and I would probbaly let corporate know why.

How in the heck are you suppose to keep tabs on all that heavy machinery and make sure everything is tamper free everyday. you don't know what machine was moved by who and who may have left a key in something or an implement up. it could be a disaster waiting to happen.
And what is the difference between a small child doing that and a teenage walking the lot off hours, or and adult who is new at tractors?
Around here, the people working at the dealership who would be showing you a tractor have a keyring clipped to their belt with 5-10 keys on it which will start almost every tractor on the lot. Not individual keys that could get forgotten.

The owner is covering his butt. If he has that many machines, he must be doing good business regardless of the way you feel. What kind of bank would fron the money for that kind of stock if he wasn't? His policy is as such and he is covered.
If that's dealership policy, the owner is a fool. I have a 3 year old and pre-teen siblings/nieces/nephews, I know how younger kids act. I have also been around equipment since I was 5.
I could see "no kids climbing/playing on the tractors" or "no kids wandering the lot without an adult right with them" but "no kids allowed"? Not so much .

Aaron Z

Last edited:
   / Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #20  
If you won't do business with kids, you won't do business with me either! That's my policy! No exception!