Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership?

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #281  
Gosh, dealers could compete on how lavish their play areas are.

Billy: my Dad took me to John Deere World and boy, I got to drive a huge 5 series tractor! They had a big sand box and my tractor had
real lights too!

Sammy: well, my Dad took me to Kubota Land and I got to drive an even bigger M series! I got to drive right over this little broken down
John Deere. Kubota rules!

Priscilla: so? that's nothing. my wonderful father took me to the Fendt Haus where we had
wiener schnitzel and beer. I got to have beer too, and then I had a manicure. Stupid tractors. :D

I don't think so! This girl would want the tractor AND the beer! :D

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #282  
yup, didn't think I'd get very far with that...:dance1:

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #283  
One of my favorite parks had an old firetruck half buried in the dirt. Obviously designed for kids to climb on it and turn the steering wheel, and etc.

I was at another park a week or so ago and they had an old Ford tractor and manure spreader accessible to the public. They took off the spreader blades and teeth, but I think it still had a wood floor (which I would have replaced with treadplate).

Anyway, I like the idea of having a small, perhaps fenced area with a tractor & farm theme for kids to climb on. You'd still have a lot of steel, & Iron, but one could at least put something soft below it.

The problem, of course, is that space is always expensive, and tractor dealers aren't in the park business. They are, however, in the customer business.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership?
In San Leandro their was a real fire engine for kids to play on.

At the San Francisco zoo their was a steam locomotive for kids to climb all over.

SP1294.jpg

At Kennedy Park there was an honest to goodness F-9 Cougar Navy fighter jet at the Park became a San Lorenzo landmark fighter jet mounted in the sandbox for kids to climb all over... we used to scoot down the back of the fuselage to the tail section and jump off.

I bet Eddie Walker remembers the plane at Kennedy park!

Attachments

• 6bf9fdee71d09b867a7d81ce378ee19e.jpg
    6bf9fdee71d09b867a7d81ce378ee19e.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited: